• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Most nostalgic moments in Zelda

Everyone is different, we remember different things different ways from different times in our lives.

Some of us didnt play Zelda titles when they were first released (because some of you probably werent even alive).

This makes our experiences all very different, so i want to ask;

When you look over your time with Zelda, which moments stand out?

Which moments come instantly to mind from a nostalgic point of view?

Do you instantly recall the epic sense of adventure when setting sail in Wind Waker for the first time? (and loving it because the sailing is awesome and you know it!)

Do you remember trying to figure out a certain dungeon that you ended up spending way more time getting through than you care to admit?

Answers on a postcard, what are your most nostalgic Zelda moments?

Last edited:
Reactions: Pen

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
My first introduction to Zelda was the Wind Waker demo in the collector's edition, and I chose the stealth option. Because of that, for me, my #1 moment would probably have to be the Forsaken Fortress - it was the first Zelda I ever played.

pyjamas5189

Secretly a cat
My first game was alttp on nes and I remember completing the first 3 dungeons and heading to hyrule castle feeling pretty good about myself not realising there would be 7 more dungeons to complete!!!!

Cartoonmaniac

Biggest Zelda fan this side of the South Pole
My first game was Wind Waker HD (I know, I'm a newbie) and I thought it was the most amazing game ever. Up until that point, I hadn't really ever played an open-world game, so the sailing (and yes, I do love it) the dungeons, and the huge Great Sea really sparked my love for Zelda.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
My first Zelda game ever was PH but I don't have any nostalgic memories to it besides that music when you entered the famous Ocean King Temple. I got some very fond memories of playing the Crystal Cave in OoT. I thought it was beautiful. I was in a complete awww for it. And then Gerudo valley Theme......the Spirit Temple and running around in the Desert trying to find your way by following the Poe. Awesome memories!

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
Started with aLttP and OoT was actually the fourth game I played...but nothing is more nostalgic than going to Lon Lon Ranch IMO.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
Entering Hyrule Field in OoT for the first time
Everything else about OoT
Getting the Couples Mask in MM
Fighting Ghirahim in SS
First Loftwing Ride in SS
TP final boss fights (The forms of Ganondorf and Ganon)
Forsaken Fortress in WW
Beating that stupid ****ing butterfly conveyor belt boss in ALTTP
Buying OoT
Entering Ikana VAlley in MM
Doing STT in MM
More I might list later

Mido

Version 1
I'm only replying to this now upon considering a few moments that truly stick with me. The last among these is more recent than I'd like to admit, but I can see it becoming nostalgic.

I. The first steps into Hyrule Field (OOT): Having probably played this game the most of all the series, each step into the field (after the fun pep talk with KG) serves as the perfect introduction to an adventure. The field music starts off like a wake-up call, and soon becomes upbeat. The adventure from there begins!

II. Windfall Island Escapades (WW): Perhaps the largest reason Wind Waker is among my top three is due to sheer abundaace of character and atmosphere Windfall harbors. I always enjoy experiencing the island's many denizens and performing various tasks for the aforementioned folks. Most pivotal, is the auction house above all. This island always manages to excite and bring back some magic nostalgia.

III. Getting the Pegasus boots (ALTTP): I don't know what it is, but I always found the chase of the red-hatted fellow for those boots a fun endeavor. The serene and fun Kakariko village certainly adds to the ambience. Perhaps the most pivotal factor in my nostalgia for this is memories of watching my uncle play this portion of the game on his SNES. I recall him making the endeavor humorous, throwing in some choice words at the to boot (I definitely got in trouble for picking some of that up at the time! XD). Still something I look back on fondly.

IV. Fishing (TP): I don't know how I didn't find this when I played most of TP around 2010 before picking up HD several months ago. Never have I experienced such a blissful and relaxing environment in the series. Honestly. I just love spending time there when playing the game. Definitely something that will become nostalgic in the future.

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
I would have to say this moment in OoT. Although there are so many good moments, this one seems be the one that I always remember the most fondly. The empty stump where Saria used to sit, and Sheik teaching your first warp song, along with that melancholy delivery that speaks to anyone who has ever missed their old friends, and felt that the time just passed too quickly.

Lilith

Hypostasis of the Archons
Hard to narrow it down... but I'd probably have to go with the ending of A Link to the Past (especially the ending theme!) and the Shadow Temple in Ocarina of Time. The latter had a really macabre, otherwordly feel to it that has never really left me, and probably is one of my strongest memories of that game. Even the entrance to the temple is memorable... through a graveyard, down some stairs, and then what looks like a huge ceremonial site...

On a lighter note, the fishing in OoT is also super nostalgic for me. It was just a relaxing minigame and the music would always get stuck in my head, lol.

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
I never fished for longer than I had to. Got the fish, got the bottles, got everything for all the games, and DROPPED IT COMPLETELY. I don't enjoy Zelda fishing... On a weird note, I love to fish in real life.

D

Deleted member 84722

My first zelda game was minish cap. I remember starting a new game with the profile name of "Link" (Thank god I knew that at 6-7 years of age), then playing the game up until the final Vaati fight that I could not figure out how to finish for the life of me. I come back a few years later (on an emulator as my GBA was long gone) and try the one thing I did not try, and I actually finished it. It felt amazing being able to finish a game after not being able to do so for years.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Ocarina was my first time

Nostalgia Moments:
Saying Goodbye to Saria on the bridge out of Kokiri Forest and seeing Hyrule Field for the first time
"I will always be.... your friend."
Dancing with Darunia
Getting the low down from the Deku Tree about destiny n' sh*t
Facing Down The Dorf outside Hyrule Castle as Zelda and Impa bounce yo
MASTER SWORD GET!
"Oh look what an interesting plant thingie let's take a closer look MOTHER OF GOD IT FLIES IT'S GOT FREAKING MURDER BLADES FOR LEAVES RUN FOR YOUR LIFE!!!"
"I've been waiting for you Hero of Time."

Twilight Princess:
First encounter with Midna
Rutela's plea
Throwing Down with The Dorf and watching Midna put her murder face on
fishing.... just fishing
Jousting with King Bokoblin
Sacred. Forest. Meadow.
saying goodbye :(

Pen

The game is on!
My first Zelda games were OoT and WW. I got those at the same time. Both hold a lot of nostalgic value for me and they each have one specific part that sticks out more than the rest.

In OoT it's the part when you're sneaking into Hyrule Castle to see Zelda for the first time. The whole thing from meeting Malon to get the chicken, to waking up Talon, to sneaking past all the guards first outside and then inside the castle. It's all very memorable and nostalgic to me.

As for WW the most nostalgic moment for me is when you arrive at Dragon Roost Island for the first time. You've just started sailing on your own and you come to this awesome looking volcanic island with one of the best pieces of music in all of Zelda. Just getting off my boat at that shore and meeting the Rito people gets me nostalgic every time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom