• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Miyamoto Stepping Down Into Smaller Role

A Link In Time

To Overcome Harder Challenges
ZD Legend
The age of supervision over extended production cycles has come to a close for Shigeru Miyamoto. "Miyamoto said that now is the time to move on as he is very happy with how the latest Mario and Link joints turned out and has great faith in Nintendo's internal developers, whom he helped nurture". Miyamoto will now longer function as Nintendo'a Senior Managing Director and General Manager of Nintendo's Entertainment Analysis and Development Division Miyamoto will now make projects with younger developers or make very small projects completely by himself. Long live the king of gaming!

Miyamoto Achievements.jpg

Source: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2011/12/miyamoto_stepping_down_into_smaller_role

Last edited:

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
This is sad news. It's great to see him continue his inspiration to other developers. Still it strikes me dumb that he'll be moving to a lower station. Miyamoto-San has done so much for the gaming industry--and more industries, I'm sure--and has become a legend to more than Zelda. But hopefully he'll stick to it through the rest of his years of living, till death or infirmity takes him. He'll be remembered nevertheless because of how humble a figure he's presented himself as during his headship at Nintendo. :triforce:

A Link In Time

To Overcome Harder Challenges
ZD Legend
This is sad news. It's great to see him continue his inspiration to other developers. Still it strikes me dumb that he'll be moving to a lower station. Miyamoto-San has done so much for the gaming industry--and more industries, I'm sure--and has become a legend to more than Zelda. But hopefully he'll stick to it through the rest of his years of living, till death or infirmity takes him. He'll be remembered nevertheless because of how humble a figure he's presented himself as during his headship at Nintendo. :triforce:

While Nintendo has always been about delivering new installments in its staple series, the company is finding more success with and making more ambitious downloadable titles. 14% of Nintendo's profit comes from these smaller games.

Here is one of my favorites, now coined Dillon's rolling Western set for release in 2012:

[video=youtube;E1QxU19CFTE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1QxU19CFTE[/video]

I gotta say, I actually do like he's working with small developers. Sure, I wish he could be active during production of the next Mario and Zelda because it seems weird without him in some form and maybe he'll change his mind in the future, but I think more games should have his touch. Plus, good chance to give us that new character he promised in 2010.

Still waiting for that Miyamoto-san.

S

Skyet!

I'm still glad he's working on smaller titles and continuing designing. But I think Skyward sword is the best farewell present he could give us as a lead designer.

K

Kentokae

Shigeru Miyamoto is Stepping Down in Nintendo Prepairing Staff for His Retirement

Right new he is stepping down to make smaller games but he warns the Nintendo Staff that he is going to retire.

I having mixed emotions my role model and childhood hero is getting old.

http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2011/12/miyamoto-interview/ full story at Wired.

So how dose everybody feel about this?

^
Yeah, it has been confirmed that he isn't really moving into a small role.... yet.

Anyways, he has actually had a smaller role for the past 10+ years, but it hasn't really been confirmed until now. Even if he leaves soon, I'm confident that he has left his series in capable hands.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom