• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Minecraft Build Projects!

A thread where you can post currently ongoing, or finished build projects. Feel free to show off your work here. ZD forum rules apply. So obviously no NSFW builds here, go somewhere else for that type of stuff. I'll be posting my builds here as well.

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
My house in the ZD realm, Chevy's Snowpeak Lodge. I just wanted to build a snowtop mansion, but then Plinko reminded me of Snowpeak so I'm taking inspiriation from it for my interior design. It's far from done, but here's some screenshots of what I've got down:
2023-11-30_20.18.17.png
The plan is to add a 3rd floor and fancy roof of some sort. Not stairs tho because I want that snow-covered rooftop aesthetic.
2023-11-30_20.23.21.png
CJ and Snowy Moses cameo
2023-11-30_20.23.34.png
I'd already had some ideas for my foyer before Plinko brought up Snowpeak, so I had some fun combining my ideas with Snowpeak's design, and I'm pretty proud of what I came up with.
View attachment 73284
Done with the exterior of my house! I'm pretty happy with how it came out considering it's my first house in survival (I've been living in a cave for the past week lol). It'll look nicer once I do the inside plus landscaping.
Dude that looks amazing

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
Screenshot 2023-12-04 013638.png
So I'm pretty much finished with south Clock Town, all I have left is the mailbox, but now I have a problem.

I have no idea how to light this thing up, particularly in the areas behind the tower. I managed to build the torches that appear at night the best I could, and I hid some glowstone underneath the deku flower, but that's it. The best I can think of is to maybe replace a few blocks of the murals with dyed shulker boxes (which the game considers transparent and thus I can hide a light source behind it) but 1. That's expensive as hell, even for me, 2.The texture difference might be rather noticeable, and 3. That only works near walls where I've used specific colors of concrete and/or terracotta. If I cant think of anything else then I might have to go with that though because I didn't go through the trouble of building all of this only to have it covered in ugly torches.

thePlinko

ZD Legend
Ok, so I can get away with using the shulker boxes in select parts of the wall, so I’ve done that the best I can. Now my biggest issue with lighting is the entrance from south Clock Town.

Also, I just realized that technically the north side of the town is actually facing east, which is kinda lame but whatever.

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
Ok, so I can get away with using the shulker boxes in select parts of the wall, so I’ve done that the best I can. Now my biggest issue with lighting is the entrance from south Clock Town.

Also, I just realized that technically the north side of the town is actually facing east, which is kinda lame but whatever.
I just went and checked it out, and I had to actually look to see which ones were shulkers.

What's with you and golden carrots? Are they really that good? Genuine question, cuz they may give a good amount of saturation, but not really much in terms of hunger points. Also I'm getting tripped up, because you're offhand is on the left instead of the right, Then again, I'm also left-handed, so I match that in my character settings. Either way, Clock Town is looking good.

thePlinko

ZD Legend
What's with you and golden carrots? Are they really that good? Genuine question, cuz they may give a good amount of saturation, but not really much in terms of hunger points.
They’re tied for the highest hunger point to saturation ratio in the entire game, only matched by the two golden apple types which are both significantly more expensive, both in gold cost and the fact that it’s significantly harder to get mass amounts of apples than it is carrots.

That being said, I should probably make a gold farm soon seeing as how I’m starting to run low on gold.

thePlinko

ZD Legend
Screenshot_2023-12-15_022357.png
Town Shooting Gallery finished. Just need Chev to add the command blocks.

Now the question is, do I build all of the interiors somewhere else and use command blocks to warp between them for consistency’s sake, or do I only use command blocks for the ones that are dimensionally impossible otherwise?

I'm planning on building an exact replica of Luigi's Mansion, I have a layout for most of the rooms of area one and two, I'm going to wait until all I have left is King Boo on my current playthrough of Luigi's Mansion to map out the entire mansion further. I'll post updates as time goes on. But considering Luigi's Mansion tends to have everything fit nicely within dimensions and dimension, The only exception being window placements. I shouldn't have too much trouble fitting everything in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom