• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Map Stamps

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Do you use them? What do you use them for? How many of them have you used?

The one I use most is the skull. I use it to mark the locations of every Stone Talus, Hinox, Molguda, and Lynel that I find. I also use the leaf to mark any of the korok tree stumps I haven't completed yet. Lastly I put a star on the spot from the third trailer, the sweeping view of Hyrule Field with Link gazing toward Hyrule Castle. All in all, I've used all 100 stamps lol. I probably haven't found every boss monster yet, so I'll need to go and complete more of those korok tree stumps to free up some stamps.

I use the leaf stamp for places with lots of hearty radishes, skulls for stalnox/other bosses and stars for locations mentioned in quests.

I use pins all of the time. When I am on a high place like a mountain or a tower and I see a shrine I have not been to, I use the scope to put a pin on it.
Why? So I know where it is. I know that seems counter intuitive but when you leave the high place and trek to the shrine you can easily loose tack of the shrine as smaller kills and other things block your view of it. Having the shrine pinned is a great way to keep trach of the shrine's location, specially when you can no longer see it once you leave that high place.
I delete the pin once I've done that shrine.

I also use the star stamp to mark out the great fairies I have found locations.
I also use the sword swamp to mark out lynel locations. I should also do it for other tough creatures too. So when I need to farm their loot for gear upgrades one day I know where to farm. I won't put a seamp for them all, just enough to farm materials in the future.
I might also throw a star on the fat korok's location when I find it. I found it the first time, did 2 upgrades then it wondered off. When I find it's more permanent location, I'll star that too as that's important.

I don't have that many stamps used but for the few I have used I like the fact they exist. The pins are a great thing they added to the game.

Skulls for the big enemies as well.
Leaves for locations that appear to hide Koroks that I'll come back to investigate later.
Stars for towers/shrines I've spotted from a distance.
Crystals for locations that quests are pointing me towards (plus memory clues).
Chests for money-making spots (I've run low on rupees a few times, so knowing where to get money fast was handy).

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
I use the stars at locations where there's a puzzle I can't seem to figure out, or places where that Sheikah man tells me are the locations of the memories. I place skulls at locations with tough enemies (Lynels, etc.). And I use the seeds where I see a Korok puzzle if I'm too busy doing something else to get it so I'll remember for later.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!

The one I use most is the skull. I use it to mark the locations of every Stone Talus, Hinox, Molguda, and Lynel that I find. I also use the leaf to mark any of the korok tree stumps I haven't completed yet. Lastly I put a star on the spot from the third trailer, the sweeping view of Hyrule Field with Link gazing toward Hyrule Castle. All in all, I've used all 100 stamps lol. I probably haven't found every boss monster yet, so I'll need to go and complete more of those korok tree stumps to free up some stamps.

Marked fairy fountains with a star and the combat shrines I have found and not completed yet I have marked with a sword. Not used too many other markers, though marking big bosses is a good idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom