• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Main Villain in SS?

Main villain?

• Demise

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Girahim

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
A

Axion

I was surprised at how gentleman-like Demise was. He was shooting Link compliments from beginning to end... even after he had been defeated. I much prefer this to the standard "EVIL WILL PREVAIL HAHA YOU LOSER YOU CANT BEAT ME BECAUSE YOU SUCK HOW PATHETIC YOU ARE CONQUER THE WORLD LULZ" villains usually put out. I overall consider Demise to have some pretty admirable personality traits.

I can't really vote here. Ghirahim and Demise both serve this role in different ways. I would personally describe Ghirahim as the main villain, while I would describe Demise as the ultimate villain. (I still didn't vote Ghirahim though, because that's my wording and it's misleading.) Basically Ghirahim is the primary, villainous presence throughout the game. He's the real antagonist, the enemy, the rival. Demise only shows up at the end, but he's actually built up throughout the game. Still, his presence as an actual antagonist doesn't really come until the end, but he's still the Big Bad (source of all problems in the story), and he's still Ghirahim's master, end goal, and the final boss.

Ghirahim is the main villain because he's around the most and is the most focal of the two, but Demise is the ultimate villain because at the end of the game, he's the big guy, the one who was truly behind everything.

And besides, they're technically both two forms of the final boss (really, the final boss has three forms, the Horde Battle, Ghirahim, and then Demise). And even if you were to consider Demise the only final boss, it's still Demise wielding Ghirahim. You fight them both at the end.

LavaAnon

The Forever Gamer
I said Demise, mainly because, well he's the supreme overlord of darkness at that time and what I liked that they did with him was keeping his identity almost secret because you never see him until the final battle

R

Raptr4

Although Demise is the ruler of Ghirahim and Ghirahim is basicly trying to get Demise to reawaken I think that Ghirahim is the main antagonist in Skyward Sword. Not only because he is in the story the most but because it's the overall feel of Ghirahim that makes me think that he IS the main "bad guy."

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Ghirahim's role is that of a puppet, but he could easily have destroyed the Surface world if he wanted to – we all realize that. I know Demise is the big boss, but he hasn't really done anything. Demise is the overarching villain, but the main villain is very clearly Ghirahim [he has all the screentime, he does the most ingame, he was actually active, and so on].

I would have liked it better demise was the main villan the whole time. Lie trying to get his powers back or something.

I would have liked it better demise was the main villan the whole time. Lie trying to get his powers back or something.
That's kind of what happened though. Ghirahim seeking out Demise was only one thing going on. The other aspect was The Imprisoned (Demise) trying to free himself. I covered this pretty well in another thread:

I think this impression is likely a product of the fact that he didn't stay around for very long, appearing for a few short scenes, and then dying after the battle. But this is a natural product of the story. The majority of Demise's character was, in actuality, his appearances as The Imprisoned, and the lore building up to him. His actual appearance was only the climax of his involvement in the story. He was more of an elemental force that loomed over you the entire game and could only be overcome at the end. When people regard his appearance at the end as his only involvement in the story, they're oversimplifying his role. In my opinion anyway. :sweat:

Demise was a villain throughout the game. It was a different way of presenting him as one, but in my opinion at least it isn't an inferior way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom