• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Location Names: Lots of Interesting References

I'm really enjoying all the little easter egg style names of places that I've been finding. It's cool because they reference many of the different games, regardless of which silly supposed timeline they come from. A few notable favorites of mine have been:

Goponga Swamp Ruins
Ralis Pond
Ja'Abu Ridge
Brynna Plain
Lodrum Headland
Toronbo Beach
Koholit Rock

Are there any location names that stick out for you?

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
There is Tingel island Ankel island and Davdi island. Clearly referencing everyones favourite lycra clad extortionist and his two slaves.

Mercay Island, Zauz Island, Linebeck Island, Molida Island and Bannan Island are all Phantom Hourglass references.

Also, Crenel Hills/ Crenel peak, Romani plains, Pillars of Levia, Sahasra Slope, Mount Daphnes and Horwell Bridge.

Last edited:
Satori Mountain . . . for the very obvious reasons. RIP to the great man.

Before you ask why it's Satori . . . the answer to that is back in the day, the NES days the developers used similar versions of their names for the credits (sometimes), not their actual names. So I think this is a throwback to that.

[edit] Sure the above post says this too, but I gave some context to the name and possibly why it's what it is in BotW

Satori Mountain . . . for the very obvious reasons. RIP to the great man.

Before you ask why it's Satori . . . the answer to that is back in the day, the NES days the developers used similar versions of their names for the credits (sometimes), not their actual names. So I think this is a throwback to that.

[edit] Sure the above post says this too, but I gave some context to the name and possibly why it's what it is in BotW
It may also be for Saturu Iwata.

Found a place called Rebonae Bridge, and was immediately charged by a Bokoblin on horseback... the name and the encounter are both references to Rebonak, a mounted Darknut boss from Zelda II.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom