• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Link+pizza=money

piratedude108

BANANA WITH DREADS!!!!!!!
WHAT if LINK was a pizza sales man and if you could sell your pizzas for rupees?!?!?! do you think this is a good idea? why or why not please comment:)

Pizza has never been mentioned before in the vast land of Hyrule. So why would Link be a pizza salesman? He could not take orders because of his terrible affliction of being mute. Therefore, the only way for Link to be a pizza salesman is...

THE SOUP LADY COOKS LINK PIZZA SOUP

Pizza has never been mentioned before in the vast land of Hyrule. So why would Link be a pizza salesman? He could not take orders because of his terrible affliction of being mute. Therefore, the only way for Link to be a pizza salesman is...

THE SOUP LADY COOKS LINK PIZZA SOUP

I don't think this will happen, too but i have to make two points about this:

1. Trains have never been mentioned before in the vast land of hyrule. So why would link be a train engineer?
2. In Link's Awakening is a part where someone tries to order pizza from Link. I'm not sure but I guess it is in the german version only and in the english version the bucket mouse calls.

Triforce King

Pathfinder for life
I'm sorry but I think it's a bad idea because 1:Link is a Hylian and he's from the medieval times. 2:Back then the Ancient Greeks are the ones who invented pizza, and it wouldn't look right if some one from medieval times just started eating or selling pizza. 3:you just cant put pizza in of medieval game.

piratedude108

BANANA WITH DREADS!!!!!!!
The italian people invented pizza not the greeks. Oh by the way the legend of Zelda is not a medieval game it is a fantasy game!!!

Cel-Shaded Deku

Ha ha, charade you are!
Rapin' your churches, burnin' your women!
It is midieal-ish but more advanced than midieval so I don't think it would be hard fot them to put tomato sauce and cheese on a piece of dough and bake it over a fire. If they did have pizza and made Link a delivery man at the begining then, well, that would at least be more original than Link sleeping at the very begining.

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
If he went into the pizza business he would be great at it. With his warp songs, 30 minute delivery times would be a thing of the past.

Blackbaldrik

Sage of Gaming
If he went into the pizza business he would be great at it. With his warp songs, 30 minute delivery times would be a thing of the past.

When Link uses warp songs while holding anything that can expire, it destroys it instantly. He'd show up fast, but with nothing to deliver.

On topic: I doubt there will be pizza delivery in any Legend of Zelda game, sure there could be pizza. But the first ever real pizza delivery was in 1889, it wouldn't fit unless they wanted to make a much more modern age Legend of Zelda with cars and stuff. (Sure Zelda is fantasy, but it still wouldn't fit.)

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
On topic: I doubt there will be pizza delivery in any Legend of Zelda game, sure there could be pizza. But the first ever real pizza delivery was in 1889, it wouldn't fit unless they wanted to make a much more modern age Legend of Zelda with cars and stuff. (Sure Zelda is fantasy, but it still wouldn't fit.)

Majora's Mask already had electricity, modern political system (mayor instead of a king) and even a modern-ish rock band. What else do you need?

It was like a Zelda ambientated in the 70s. And explosives were not invented 'till around the 1800. I don't think Zelda is as medieval as some say.

pizza delivery wouldn't fit high fantasy very well, though.

Blackbaldrik

Sage of Gaming
Majora's Mask already had electricity, modern political system (mayor instead of a king) and even a modern-ish rock band. What else do you need?

It was like a Zelda ambientated in the 70s. And explosives were not invented 'till around the 1800. I don't think Zelda is as medieval as some say.

pizza delivery wouldn't fit high fantasy very well, though.

True, but Gorons use explosives alot, they have a explosive plant with it's own natural explosive compound and fuse to base the their work on. The Zoras are based more around their culture than anything else, so they may come up with more modern looking bands earlier than normal. Hylians are more based around magic and technology, so they would come up with trains and things earlier. The Legend of Zelda world may actually be at least a little bit earlier in time than it looks. Those island lizard things from Oracle of Ages could come up with pizza delivery though, they like food. :) (Dang this whole discussion is really pointless, lol :lol:)

It would actually make for nice sidequests and some early jobs in earning to make rupees for shields.

Sarianae

Infinite Dreamer
When Link uses warp songs while holding anything that can expire, it destroys it instantly. He'd show up fast, but with nothing to deliver.

That's a good point. You're thinking about the odd mushroom/frog/eye drops in the Biggoron Sword Quest right? Warping with the Ocarina will spoil them immediately. I suppose you could say that if Link were delivering pizza, the same may occur. Still, there are the shortcuts in the Lost Woods that would help...or at least the one to Goron City, because I'm not sure Link would be able to take a pizza underwater. And on that note, he might have some trouble entering Zora's domain since he can't do so without passing through the waterfall. Although to be honest, I can't really picture Zoras eating pizza either way.

Indeed. I think the question was meant hypothetically, however.

But, enough of that. With regards to your question, I would like to address a few things.

First of all, I do not think it would be a good idea, because Link is hardly ever actually in need of rupees. On the contrary, his wallet is usually so full that he doesn't know what to do with all his money. What's worse, he then comes across chests with large amounts of rupees in them, that he either can't fit in his wallet and has to come back for later, or wastes once the chest is open. Therefore, I doubt Link would be in need of rupees.

Now then, I have a question for you, if you don't mind my asking. Why specifically choose pizza? The way I interpret your question, it could have been:

"What if Link were a _________[man] and if you could sell ______ for rupees?"

In this case, many responses would work, but some better than others. Allow me to name several of the many possibilities, and rate them out of 5 in terms of how well I think Link may suit them.

Pizzaman? I give that a 1/5. That hardly suits Link.

"What if Link were a Fisherman and if you could sell fish for rupees?"

Well, seeing as it is a mini-game in many Zelda titles, I can certainly see Link fishing. However, I am not sure such a slow-paced life would suit Link. I think he thirsts for adventure far too much to be able to settle to such a life. Therefore, 2/5.

"What if Link were a Fireman and you could sell your services for a living?"

Aside from the fact that this produces a rather strange image (rather, I'd say his fire tunic would suffice actually since it his heat-resistant) he would probably be a very effective Fireman, mostly due to the fact that he can summon rain through the Song of Storms. Furthermore, he does seem to love saving people anyway, so actually this job may suit him better than expected. 4/5

"What if Link were a Stuntman and you could sell your services for a living?"

A Stuntman? Link is agile and brazen. I think with his abilities, he could pull that off spectacularly. However, I think Link would want to do something more important in life than provide entertainment, so I don't think he would fit such a job so well. Therefore, 3/5.

"What if Link were a Policeman and you could sell your services for a living?"

Link as a policeman? That would not work. He goes into people's homes without asking and breaks their pots. Link has excellent intentions, but I think he's more the type to dismiss the "Law" in order to achieve what he needs to. If he's trying to save Hyrule, and he needs to break into a village or a forsaken temple to do so, he's going to do it. Still, it's worth considering that Link is always trying to help a person in need, so if someone's crying for help from a thief (Sakon, Majora's Mask for example) he wouldn't hesitate to chase after the perpetrator. If Link were a policeman, he'd probably be one of the best. 3/5 for that.

"What if Link were a Gunman and you could sell your services for a living?"

No. He would certainly be capable, but for Link, it's all about fencing. I don't picture Link holding a gun. Therefore, despite the fact that he would probably be very capable, I say 1/5.

"What if Link were a Postman and you could sell your services for a living?"

We already have a postman in the Zelda universe, so if Link were a postman, he would have to compete with our existing one. I think that would be a difficult rivalry since our resident postman is so dedicated to his job (that he would stick to it even when the moon falls) so I'm not sure how successful he would be. In fact, I think he'd have a very difficult time competing with our resident postman. I doubt he'd enjoy the job at all either. Therefore, 1/5.

What if Link were a Weatherman, and you could sell your services for a living?"

That's interesting, actually. Link has the Song of Storms, which means he might have very good manipulative control of the weather. The job, itself, however, I think would bore Link to tears. Therefore, 2/5.

What if Link were a Sportsman, and you could sell your services for a living?"

Interesting. I could see Link doing extreme sports. Specific example, in Twilight Princess there is the minigame where you can snowboard down Snowpeak. Yes, I can actually see Link as an extreme snowboarder, interestingly. 4/5 for that, personally.

What if Link were a Congressman, and you could sell your services for a living?"

Link as a congressman.....I could not see in any shape, way, or form. And while we're on that subject, I would never see him as a politician, as that not only doesn't suit his preferable lifestyle, but most often correlates to corruption and greed, the very opposite of what characterizes Link. That's a 0/5 from me. (Link as a politician would get a negative number, even).

What if Link were a Businessman, and you could sell your services for a living?"

All I can think of is Link dressed in a business suit walking monotonously down a street in the city. It's a very unlikely picture, to say the least. Link rather needs something with a lot of physical exertion and movement, that is beneficial to others. 0.5/5 is the best I'll give this.

As you can see, the hypothetical possibilities can stretch endlessly as to what jobs Link could take in an alternate universe. You could speculate for a very long time on the subject if you liked. However, I think you can see from looking at most of the number ratings above, that not many jobs would really suit Link. I think he is someone who needs to live on the edge, someone who needs to be on the frontlines of where the most crucial of events are occurring. Furthermore, his strong sense of justice and selfless will to help the people plays a large part in determining what he would be willing to do with his life. If you think about it, were there no troubles in the world of Hyrule, Link may very well end up with a hard time finding a satisfying living. In the end, there is no job that can suit him more than his current one: "saving everyone in the kingdom." I suppose he is best as is.

Lastly, I have a quick request for the original poster, piratedude108. Please do not be offended, but do you think you could change the title of the thread to something slightly more serious? I understand you were trying to make it humorous, but if you wish for people to take your thread more seriously, you should probably alter it somewhat. I hope this helps you~ :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom