• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Limited edition guide - says info about what is in the game *Spoiler alert*

Limited edition guides are on Amazon UN now and here's what the have inside. Spoilerish so it's in a tag.

• COLLECTOR'S EDITION BONUS: Premium hardcover, large-size map poster and dedicated 16-page retrospective celebrating thirty years of Zelda games.
  • AT-A-GLANCE WALKTHROUGHS: Annotated maps and screenshots show you the way through every quest and dungeon.
  • UTTERLY COMPREHENSIVE: 120 Shrine mini-dungeons, 900 Korok seed puzzles, 76 side quests all mapped out and ready for you to discover and complete! Also includes optional challenges, mini-games, unlockables, Easter eggs, and more.
  • PUZZLE MASTER: Every single puzzle and riddle unraveled with clear, visual solutions.
  • EXPERT COMBAT STRATEGY: Practical, reproducible tactics to crush your enemies, even the toughest bosses.
  • COMPREHENSIVE REFERENCE: Exhaustive appraisals of all items and monsters including key parameters that are hidden in the game.
  • EXTRA LARGE MAP POSTER: covering the entire game world
  • QUALITY CONTROL: carefully designed to avoid unnecessary story spoilers.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
Feels like 900 skulltulas that require a little a little puzzle to solve each.
So your guess is that the Koroks are another Gold Skulltulla-like quest, like the poe souls and maiamais? Seems plausible, and I can see there being 900 to find given the size of the overworld.

But jeez, 120 shrines, 76 side quests, and 900 whatever-they-ares, that's a huge ass game lol.

FrozenDragon

Relatively Quirky
I read it. I'm pretty impressed on that side of things, seems like the game will be really extensive on the side.

As long as they all are decent in quality, the quantity is beyond perfect :3

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
And people complain the Switch's launch day line up is poor. With BotW out there what else do you need for the next month?

It doesn't justify the Switch's ****ty launch line-up. Breath of the Wild may wind up being great, but it will be the only great thing available for the system.

Very impressive content. I can see the Korok sidequest getting a little too carried away with how many there are, much like how overboard The Riddler puzzles were in Arkham Knight, but the amount of shrines is very impressive. I'm looking forward to seeing how well integrated they are with the world.

Still haven't preordered the game, should probably get on that.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
Very impressive content. I can see the Korok sidequest getting a little too carried away with how many there are, much like how overboard The Riddler puzzles were in Arkham Knight, but the amount of shrines is very impressive. I'm looking forward to seeing how well integrated they are with the world.

Still haven't preordered the game, should probably get on that.

The 900 koroks thing seems pretty bonkers. Can't speak for everyone here, but I've never been able to handle the collectathon style gameplay. The 96 sidequests number does interest me, so we can only hope they're sidequests with substance (Witcher 3) and not go-here-fetch-this (Final Fantasy XV).

It doesn't justify the Switch's ****ty launch line-up. Breath of the Wild may wind up being great, but it will be the only great thing available for the system.
Here is some context.

SNES Japanese launch day
  • Super Mario World
  • F-Zero

Nintendo 64 US launch day:
  • Super Mario 64
  • Pilotwings 64

Gamecube Japanese launch day:
  • Luigi's Mansion
  • Super Monkey Ball
  • Wave Race: Blue Storm

All of those consoles were not considered failures at all. Quite the opposite infact. Not amazing sellers, but no one puts them in the same sentence as the WiiU.
All three examples above had one must have title. In the case of the SNES, both of them were must have. F-Zero was pretty cool back in the day. Also PW64 was not all that bad too.

However look at the this.

Dreamcast US launch day:
  • AeroWings
  • AirForce Delta
  • Blue Stinger
  • CART Flag to Flag
  • Expendable
  • The House of the Dead 2
  • Hydro Thunder
  • Monaco Grand Prix
  • Mortal Kombat Gold
  • NFL 2K
  • NFL Blitz 2000
  • Pen Pen TriIcelon
  • Power Stone
  • Ready 2 Rumble Boxing
  • Sonic Adventure
  • Soulcalibur
  • TNN Motorsports Hardcore Heat
  • Tokyo Xtreme Racer
  • TrickStyle

We all know how the Dreamcast ended up.

I know I am cherry picking out some console release day games. But my point is as long as you have a good game out for release day the console is fine. The first year matters more than the first day. The Switch has BotW. The Switch has that good game for launch day so it'll be fine. Why do you want another AAA first party game at launch? Few people will play it as they will all be hard into BotW. Makes no sense say having SMO and BotW out at the same time.

One great title for launch day is better than a ton of crap no one wants (like at the WiiU launch day).

Also what you need to realise is having a ton of 3rd party games out at launch day is a bad thing. Better to have a few good ones. Too many 3rd party games is too many for the public to buy. They just buy the few games they want on launch day and that's it. Too much launch day competition for the 3rd party sales. Some obviously will not get the sales due to increased competition on launch day. These lower selling games make their developers lose faith in the console and stop making games for it.

Better to have lesser but higher quality games come out. So they actually sell and the 3rd devs get the sales they want. Use the times between Nintendo releases for the 3rd party releases.

The Switch launch day line up is fine. Everyone wants BotW. Most will buy a Switch for it. That will sell consoles. The sell outs and Japan line ups are proof of this. Sure this is demand outstripping supply. But we shall see if the 2nd shipment sells out too or not.

Last edited:

Tibari

Rinkuji
The launch line-up has Zelda, and honestly one game like this is enough for the launch. I mean, there are little games around (1 2 Switch, Bomberman, Just Dance) for those who prefer family games, but we will mostly buy it for Zelda. MK8, Splatoon 2, Super Mario Odyssey, without all the more or less important games between them, the Switch will have new cool games frequently. It's better than having a huge launch line-up and nothing after

Night Owl

~Momentai
I'm glad to see that the world will potentially have plenty to do in it. With all of these shrines, sidequests, and puzzles, I think I'll be in heaven.
Hopefully, they went for quality as well as quantity. I'd hate for there to be a lot to do and feel like it was just a lot of copy and paste.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom