• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

TPHD-Wii U Legend of Zelda: TP Icon found in Wii U e-Shop

Anyone thinking or saying it's an HD Remake is letting the wish father the thought. If they'd had an HD remake nearly done, they'd have thrown us that bone at E3 so people wouldn't be so pissed off at them for not showing Zelda U. And if not them, they'd have promo'd the hell out of it because Twilight Princess is one of their most successful Zelda games, in terms of both its sales and its reception pre and post release. If there's no Wii boarder for the icon then it's probably just the GCN version.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
The Wind Waker HD bundle came with a digital version of the Hyrule Historia. So I assume TPHD would use that as well.

Anyone thinking or saying it's an HD Remake is letting the wish father the thought. If they'd had an HD remake nearly done, they'd have thrown us that bone at E3 so people wouldn't be so pissed off at them for not showing Zelda U. And if not them, they'd have promo'd the hell out of it because Twilight Princess is one of their most successful Zelda games, in terms of both its sales and its reception pre and post release. If there's no Wii boarder for the icon then it's probably just the GCN version.
Except there is actual text in the Wii u EShop labeled "Twilight Princess HD". That is pretty much definitive proof that this is a remake.

Also, you are forgetting that Nintendo was on crack this E3.
Nintendo made almost no move to make anyone happy... Else they should have shown titles such as Pokken, shown more of Xenoblade X and Fatal Frame..... Also, MM3D was not shown at E3 2014 as well, it came completely out of the blue, much like TPHD is doing. However, I think it is very possible that TPHD was slated a 2016 release originally for Zelda's 30th anniversary. Then, Nintendo completely lost their presence this holiday, so they shifted more resources to TPHD to make it up to both fans, and have a decent title for the holidays.

"Wind waker hd is an apology for ZeldaU taking so long"

"Twilight princess HD is an apology for ZeldaU taking so long"

"ah crap, we ran out of games, sorry ZeldaU is taking so long!"

Anyway. Yay. I always thought this would happen, after wind waker I always believed it was a dead cert, it was just a matter of time, very glad that the time seems to be soon though.

I think if it is real then it'll release after HWL next year. Bundled with a wiiU it'll move units until ZeldaU which will most likely drop around winter holiday season.

As excited as i am for ZeldaU I KNOW TP is a good game so an HD remake WWhd style has me more excited than ZeldaU

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Well ****, they're going to do it when I move and won't be able to pay for a Wii U?

Nice1 Nintendo

Last edited:

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
"Wind waker hd is an apology for ZeldaU taking so long"

"Twilight princess HD is an apology for ZeldaU taking so long"

"ah crap, we ran out of games, sorry ZeldaU is taking so long!"

Anyway. Yay. I always thought this would happen, after wind waker I always believed it was a dead cert, it was just a matter of time, very glad that the time seems to be soon though.

I think if it is real then it'll release after HWL next year. Bundled with a wiiU it'll move units until ZeldaU which will most likely drop around winter holiday season.

As excited as i am for ZeldaU I KNOW TP is a good game so an HD remake WWhd style has me more excited than ZeldaU

Do you think it'd be a remake just for the E -Shop?

So much speculation! Either way I'm going to get my ass on the hype train.
Save a seat for me. I want my skinny ass on that hype train as well.

All aboard!!!

t1dw9.jpg

But seriously, I will scream when Nintendo announces it. Twilight Princess is my favorite Zelda game, hands down.

If this is true and it's a full-blown HD remake just like what WW got, congrats Nintendo, it's the first time I've been legitimately excited with no strings attached for anything Zelda since..... TP was first revealed.

Since Aonuma has obviously had a pretty nasty fetish for everything and anything Toon Link/Skyward Sword Abomination Link, it made since that his baby WW would be the only one so far to get proper HD treatment. But since they've worked themselves into a corner with delay after delay with what was supposed to be the Wii U's savior, and no one in their right mind has any type of hype for that Four Swords 3 game that EVERYONE was apparently asking for according to Nintendo, they'll have to fall back on what was truly Zelda's most hype-inducing homecoming game since the series went 3D.

But if it's just a port, then meh, I have the Gamecube version still sitting around, which is better than paying even the slightest amount for a port of the Wii version.

Do you think it'd be a remake just for the E -Shop?

No. I think something major like TPhd would be both digital and physical. I think it'll be sold preloaded in wiiUs like WWhd was and sold in stores as a retail release, probably with a special edition (WWhd also had one with a ganondorf figure)

Nintendo will want to increase their install base as much as they can before zeldaU comes out so they can make more of a profit on it and releasing TPhd in every form they can is, to me, a no brainer.

Not everyone likes digital only games and TP is loved by millions it'd be a bad idea to make it digital only and alienate people who would otherwise buy it at retail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom