• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Legend of Zelda Romance? Yay or Nay?

Yay or Nay to Romance?

• Yay

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nay

• Either one is fine

• Total voters

Japas

Indigo-Go's Bassist
The only game that came close to a relationship with Link was SS and I'm not a fan of that. Yeah, it's great and all but the sailcloth "smells like her". No thank you. If it comes down that we're getting romance in the series have it be like it was in Majora's Mask. Where Link has to help bring together the couple once again. Any romance in the series should be NPCs. (Anton/Linda, Anju/Kafei) I don't like shipping in general so

onebizarrekai

gay energy
Yeah, see, I WOULD be all up for it, but the only thing is that I'm worried I might not really like the 'pairing' they make canon in the game. I just feel like I wouldn't really like that in the game. It just doesn't seem that much like the Legend of Zelda for something like that to be in it. A connection would be nice, so you feel more attached to the characters, but romance... no thanks.

Sir Quaffler

May we meet again
Before, I would say yes under certain circumstances. I think the series has matured to the point where it can handle romance between the main characters and NPC's quite well.

But after having to deal with a certain person's... unsavory behavior last night, I'm afraid I've become rather disturbed to the idea, so at the moment I'm saying no.

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
Im all about Link getting the girl. Too long has our hero been risking his life, and in the end of the game, all we get is a "you saved hyrule" barely even a thank you! Its about time that Link get some sort of reward. And i think there is no better reward than the love of a pretty girl, and the happiness that follows!

Mask-Salesman

And now.. That imp has it
I'd have to say nay. It just doesn't match with the series. Link doesn't save Zelda out of love, he saves her out of selfishness. The fact that he doesn't have love as a motive makes Link even more courageous. I don't see how it would work out for the series. Same thing for the Mario franchise.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
Nay.

I am all for NPCs having a romance, but just not with Link. It boils down to the fact that many could highly dislike the matching. I think the way Zelda handles romance for now is fine. A little hint that a relationship is budding but you never fully know on screen. SS was the limit for me. The sexual tension...

Anyways! Yeah. Romance with Link...no

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
Okay, so I voted "Either One is Fine" and had this really long post as to why, but then I reread the opening post and realized I was mistaken. Romance for Zelda games is fine by me, but romance situations...? I'm not feeling. I saw this happen in SS with Link and some other characters, and it really just felt like filler/fan-fic/dating-sym/whatever-you-want-to-call-it-make-sure-you-use-hyphens. Perhaps if Nintendo found a better way to incorporate it into what "Zelda is" I would be fine, but the way it was implemented in SS just made it a distraction.

Fiery Klongo

I Am Mardric
Okay, so I voted "Either One is Fine" and had this really long post as to why, but then I reread the opening post and realized I was mistaken. Romance for Zelda games is fine by me, but romance situations...? I'm not feeling. I saw this happen in SS with Link and some other characters, and it really just felt like filler/fan-fic/dating-sym/whatever-you-want-to-call-it-make-sure-you-use-hyphens. Perhaps if Nintendo found a better way to incorporate it into what "Zelda is" I would be fine, but the way it was implemented in SS just made it a distraction.
I completely Agree.I think that romance in Zelda is fine. Not like them making out, but puppy love stuff(Child Friendly). They would be fulfilling the wishes of the fans without angering the anti-romantics.

Happy Valentine's Day everybody <3
In honor of Valentine's Day I wanted to ask what your opinion is on the idea of seeing Link in romantic relationships/ situations in Zelda titles. For? Against?

Probably the closest we've seen to Link being in a romantic thingy is with Zelda in SS for obvious reasons. Though in multiple titles (usually ones in which Link is older) female NPCs have been noted as implying that Link is attractive or desirable (Like Telma in TP or Ruto in OoT)

Personally I vote yay. In SS i felt so determined and pressured to save Zelda because we had that immediate romantic/friend connection right from the beginning of the game. Romance could add incentive to Link's quest. Also, we haven't seen much romance so I want to see some just to see something new.

What about you guys?
Yes,Yes,and Yes!!!! I cant begin to understand why people have a problem with Link having a love interest. I loved the direction they were going in Skyward Sword. It made me connect with Link and Zelda like never before. You got the sense that your journey through the game was worth it and necessary to save the girl you love. I want more of that and less saving a princess we don't even know. Romance has been sorely lacking in this series and I want more of it. Im tired of the occasional hints of romance , I want full blown kiss cutscenes and confessions of love. But thats just me..

I loved the fact that Link clearly had feelings for zelda in skyward sword. I loved how he showed emotion for her because it made him seem more human.

bunny

birb overlord
Eh, I think I'm a little indifferent to it. I'll admit, I LOVE Zelda romance, but it doesn't matter to me whether it's canon or not. I enjoy the little teases Nintendo puts in there, like when Zelda looked like she was gonna kiss Link in Skyward Sword, but like others have said, some might not like the pairing, and when it comes down to it, I'm more interested in the story than Link's romantic relationships.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom