• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Last person to post wins

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
Lies and slander
I mean not really. Sure you can know that Car Talk exists but have you ever actually listened to it? You can recognize Bristol Motor Speedway as the inspiration for Motor Speedway of the South, but do you really know anything about Bristol? What happened there in 1999? 2012? You can know that Strip Weathers is inspired and voiced by Richard Petty, winningest NASCAR Cup series driver ever, 200 wins, etc, but what do you know about the real Richard's story? I don't really have an issue with the movie but when people only know that NASCAR/general car culture stuff exists because of the movie and don't go any deeper that bugs me because like I said, it's like being into fanfiction without acknowledging the source material.

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
ZD Champion
I mean not really. Sure you can know that Car Talk exists but have you ever actually listened to it? You can recognize Bristol Motor Speedway as the inspiration for Motor Speedway of the South, but do you really know anything about Bristol? What happened there in 1999? 2012? You can know that Strip Weathers is inspired and voiced by Richard Petty, winningest NASCAR Cup series driver ever, 200 wins, etc, but what do you know about the real Richard's story? I don't really have an issue with the movie but when people only know that NASCAR/general car culture stuff exists because of the movie and don't go any deeper that bugs me because like I said, it's like being into fanfiction without acknowledging the source material.
NASCAR exists because of Prohibition.

*sits in the resulting chaos*

OGSniper

Sharpshooter for Hire
ZD Legend
Chevs doing a flex. The same type of thinking can be done on every subject. This doesnt sit right with me.

MightyMario

The Mightiest Mario
1715133788039.gif

Users who are viewing this thread