• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Kirby's 25th Anniversary

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
25 years ago today (April 27), Kirby's Dreamland was released in Japan. So, in honor of today, I'm going to ask: have you played the original Kirby? And what do you think Nintendo is gonna do for his birthday/year?

For me, I've played the original, but prefer the remakes in Super Star Ultra a lot more.
As for the 25th Anniversary... I have no idea. I think they announced one 3DS game, but idk much about it. Hopefully they'll announce something at E3.

Im a huge Kirby fan. If Zelda didnt exist then Kirby would be my main jam.

Ive played the original Dreamland. In fact, the only major Kirby game i havent had the chance to play is Kirby's Air Ride, i dont even know if it released in England. If it did i've never seen a physical copy.

His new game for his 25th on 3DS worries me a little. I dont really want a multiplayer Kirby because i'd have to then rely on others to enjoy the game and in a monthor so when no one else is playing i worry that i wont be able to play it on my own. Even if there is a single player alternative who can say it wont suck like Tri Force Heroes did in single player.

I would rather then have crafted a quasi 3D game based on the mini game in Robobot. I know its getting expanded as a digital title but a full mainline kirby game in that style would be very welcome.

Just fingers crossed for that multiplayer game actually being decent.

Outside of the new 3ds multiplayer game and the two digital titles i dont think they'll announce anything else. Maybe an eShop sale if Nintendo ever get their act together with the VC on Switch.

pyjamas5189

Secretly a cat
I'm not sure if I played the original but I remember the main boss of the first level was a tree that tried to drop apples on you?? That was the first one I played anyway.

SpiteChaotic

The lazy Chaos Bringer
I'm a proud physical owner of kirby dreamland 1 and 2. While i got them later in life and the first kirby game for me was kirby's adventure on nes which is my 2nd fave game behind kirby super star. They all really hold up well. Though being a simple enjoyale platformer it is hard to go wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom