• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Is The Legend of Zelda animated TV show from the same timeline as the CD-I games?

Are they from the same timeline?

• Yes

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • idk

Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters
It would make a lot of sense, tbh. Both things are very similar and take place outside of the main timeline so maybe they both take place in a timeline of their own, that they share. What do you think?

The Comics, animated series, and CD-i games are believed to have a shared continuity by some Zelda fans. Personally, I think the comic and animated series share a continuity while the CD-i games are lost in their own void of death

Woyogoyo

The Oncoming Storm
Both the CD-I games and the cartoon should be banished to the same timeline, which should then have the Fidelius charm cast upon it. Let's just hope that they don't reproduce.

Spamomanospam

Captain Kick-ass
I used to have a placement for the CD-i games in my timeline theory. The idea was that after a timeline split caused in one reality where Link stays to eternally defend Koholint, an alternate universe is formed. That alternate universe was ruled by Ganon, since Link was unable to save it, and later a new Link traveled between one world and the other, and it was known as the Dark World in his realm. I forget the rest of the details, but somehow the Dark World needed to take a dump, and doing so created yet another alternate world where the CD-i games existed. I wouldn't lump the cartoon into this universe, though, since it was the kind of bad that's hilarious and the CD-i games are just regular bad. Like the first time you hear "I'm so hungry I could eat an Octorok," that's pretty funny, but that's literally the most intelligent dialogue in the entire goddamn game.

Aku

I consider the cartoon it's own complete and seperate universe, with the first two games Zelda I and AoL being set in it. (And what it was based on anyway in real life.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom