• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Is Breath of the Wild a remastering?

It could just be me, but this "entirely new" vision of Zelda seems to be a remastering of Zelda II. Last I heard, there was a lack of "dungeons," but there are shrines and such. This is similar to how Zelda II has Palaces rather than dungeons where you need to beat the boss to get to the shrine to place the crystal. This is done to wake up a sleeping Zelda, who has been asleep for many generations according to Impa in the manual. As Impa put Link to the task once he was ready (maybe Link has been sleeping until he is ready as in Ocarina of Time), it wouldn't be too far of a stretch to make Impa put Link to this Sheikah mission now that Impa has been associated with the tribe. The bigger world would allow for more shrines, both worlds have "free travel" in a sense, and both seem to have an emphasis on a primary character waking up. Could this just be a coincidence, a form of inspiration for the game, or is it possibly a remastering?

Tibari

Rinkuji
There is really no way for BOTW to be a remastering of Zelda II. The story don't mention any sleeping Zelda at all, the monsters aren't looking for Ganon's resurection since Ganon is already here, the shrines are absolutely different from palaces, you don't need to place a crystal, there will be 4 main dungeons in BOTW.
I'm sorry but I have to disagree with you

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
The waking up thing is definitely coincidence. Plus, every game starts with Link waking up.
Also, the shrines are not the main dungeons. They're a series of mini-dungeons, and there's like 100 of them.
Tibari said it well. Most definitely not.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
...I'm not sure you know what a remastering is. Outside of the exploratory aspect, nothing about the game is lifted from the second Zelda title.

Just a point on the emphasis on Link waking up. He starts every game by waking up. Infact there is a thread asking which time is your favourite.

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
I had always hoped this game was a reboot of the whole series, just using all the lore they have at their disposal and retcon everything into one storyline that actually makes sense. I know this is not the case, but it would be pretty awesome.

Reactions: Aku
BotW cannot be a remake of any Zelda game. If they did that, it would cause more harm than good in my opinion. People want the franchise to move forward, not dwell on older legends.

Besidea the existence of the Temple of time debunks all of that. By ALttP, it had already decayed and turned into the Lost Woods of that timeline. It met a similar fate in TP on the Child Timeline, so a remake of a game at the end of the Downfall Timeline seems highly unlikely.

It could just be me, but this "entirely new" vision of Zelda seems to be a remastering of Zelda II.

I assume you mean "Remake" or "re-imagining"? It seems like if that were the case, they would lean on that a little more heavily. They have no problem making comparisons to Zelda 1, in that there is an open-world to play it. So I guess to answer the question, it feels to me like it's not really hearkening back to Zelda II, but rather you found a couple of coincidences.

Roger Rad

The Fabulous One
I think not. It might actually look like a remaster of the original Zelda, but they have the timeline now, and Nintendo knows they have to update it. It will look really weird if BotW is next to LoZ1

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom