• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Is anyone planning on purchasing the Mario remakes coming out this year and next?

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
if you mean the RPG games, I'm for sure considering Super Mario RPG, not so much Paper Mario b/c I already have it and it looks largely the same despite being prettier

True, plus there's rumors that's going to be 30 frames per second, when the original ran at 60. I'll still be getting it, cuz it's one of my favorite RPGs, if not, my favorite. But also, I was just talking about the Mario remakes in general. We also have the Mario vs Donkey Kong GBA remake, and the Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon remake coming up soon as well.

I'll at the very least pick up Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door because I've never played it and Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon since I enjoy that game quite a bit.

I think I'll eventually pick up Super Mario RPG, but I'm more iffy on it. I feel the least incentive to buy Mario vs. Donkey Kong. I've never been into those games.

Ganondorf

"Dandori Issue"
Yeah, for sure getting Paper Mario since it's impossible for me to play otherwise. I have a loaned Gamecube, but no disc & my original gear was lost. A lot of my old games were stolen & it's one of the few I haven't been able to replace in any capacity... so I am VERY excited about a new, accessible way for me to enjoy it again. Upgraded graphics will probably be easier on my eyes since I last played it on an old model television in the mid 2000's, haha. I am very, VERY nervous about it though. Not sure who was taken on to develop it or how battle commands are going to feel, since the game is intensely, intensely important to me.

As for Mario RPG, I am unsure. It's a fairly short game & it's not one that I tend to enjoy a lot, so the high price point for it already has me kind of off it, since I know I'd finish it fast. Love the characters, love the areas, music, etc. Just. The combat always puts me off it every time I play more than 20 minutes. I feel the same about Morrowind every time. I can't really explain it, & I doubt the remake is going to overhaul it at all or make it feel any smoother. However, I do know that the updates to the minecart section from the graphics ALONE are going to be a lot better & less motion-sickness inducing! That's already a major plus. If they do add some sort of fast-forward system like newer Dragon Quest remakes have done, then, I will get it. As of now, unsure. Want more info on possible QoL features first, if any. Excited for HD Booster silliness, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom