• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Art Incomplete Life

Violet Link

takumi was a mistake and so are the S supports
Hey, all. I posted a young girl and a young boy as plant beings in my art thread. Those two are one of the main characters for my story. This is something that I want to continue until the end. Also, please point out some mistakes if I made any. Chapter two is currently in progress.

Enjoy.

Synopsis: Upon waking in an unfamiliar forest, two people who should have died found themselves wandering with amnesia. The only clues they have are various objects they find in the forest. Determined to find out who they really are and find out what was missing from their lives, they began the search to complete their life.

Incomplete Life: Chapter 1​

“Please find him soon, young girl. It’s the only way...”

I will. Don’t worry, I will.

-

“Was that supposed to be a message…?” I thought to myself.

I woke up in a thick forest, surrounded by tall trees that were all trying to cover up the patch of sunlight above. Vines were eerily hanging on the thin branches as the wind blows and I seemed to be the only one here at the moment.

I stood up and started to venture around the area, hoping to find anything useful, or at least any other signs of life. Even though the atmosphere was calm enough for me to just lay back down and relax, I couldn’t do that, because I didn’t want to be lonely.

As I continued walking by myself, I started thinking about how I ended up in this forest. Nothing seemed to come to mind. Despite my best efforts, I sadly couldn’t recall a single memory.

During my attempts at recall, I realized that I’d lost all of my past memories- my own name, who I was; basically, everything. I began to panic, even starting to question who I really was. However, even though it was really hard to accept, I couldn’t let the negativity of it get to me. I had to strengthen myself to try and not to be gloomy about it.

But despite of all that, I couldn’t. Because of my memory loss, questions about my own existence were floating in my mind. My heart started feeling heavy, and my vision was slowly blurring. I then tried forcing myself to keep on. Step by step, I felt like I was growing weaker and weaker.

As I weakly walked around the forest, I suddenly noticed that the forest was getting thinner, and more and more flowers were starting to pop out. I bent down and gazed at the row of different and beautiful types of flowers that were all planted at the ground.

“You... look different. Are you a new type of flower?”

Startled by the sudden voice in my head, I looked around the area to see if someone was there. But there was no sign of life.

“Look down here!”

Following the voice, I looked down at the flowers and was surprised that they were the ones trying to communicate to me.

“You’re not like one of us... You’re a different type of being, but... why do you have plants on your face?”

I was shocked to hear that. What did it mean by flowers on my face? To make sure that the flowers were true, I shakily touched my face, scared to find out if something changed. The right side of my face was still normal, but the left side was far from that. I could feel the soft silk petals stuck all over the left part of my cheek, the bloomed flowers patched up on the upper part and I could feel the ones that were a little bit dry at the bottom part of my face. The left part of my hair wasn’t really hair anymore; it was replaced by small vines, followed by some leaves that bloomed aside the vines.

I sighed as I tried holding back my tears.

“You seem... to be lost. Are you okay?”

When I tried to speak up, no words could out. My heart wanted to sink, because I felt like everything about me was all gone. My memories, my voice and even my identity.

I stumbled down to the ground and broke down. My vision became blurry, and my heart was preventing me from moving on.

Suddenly, I could hear someone gently plucking the strings of a harp, creating a serenade that brought me and the row of flowers joy in our hearts. When I looked at the row of flowers, I could see them happily swaying side by side, as if they were enjoying the tune. My heart suddenly felt attracted to the sweet serenade.

I stood back up on my own two feet. As I heard the melody, I followed a certain route that welcomed me with beautiful arrays of flowers which were planted almost everywhere around the area. Every living flower that heard the music swayed side by side and I loved the colorful sight of it. Even the atmosphere of the floral area filled my heart up with joy.

As I got closer and closer to the melody of the serenade, I saw the musician behind it; a fairy that was wearing a strapless white colored dress. She had a long silver cloth wrapped up around her waist, and she wore a pendant around her neck. The fairy had long blonde hair with pink colored tips at the end and had pair of eyes which almost resembled sapphire. Her wings were translucent-like feathers.

She was sitting around a circle as she played her serenade. The circle that she sat on had small runes engraved on the top. What look like tomes and book of spells were stacked neatly at each rune.

I was amazed by how her expression was so full of emotion as she cautiously plucked her harp strings one by one so she wouldn’t slip up.

When she was done playing her harp, she smiled to herself as if she was happy with what she had done. She placed her harp aside, and with all my courage, I walked slowly for an attempt to talk to her.

I gently tugged her dress to get her attention, then took a few steps back. When she looked down, she was slightly startled by my appearance. The fairy kneeled down and looked at me with curiosity beaming within her eyes.

“Would you mind sitting next to me, little one?” she said, patting the ground, insisting me to sit. Accepting her offer, I sat down.

“You’re not really a flower, right?”

I sighed, and nodded.

“I see… But you seemed happy when you heard my song. I guess those plants on your face were affected by my melody.” she said, looking at her harp.

“Ah, and since this is the first time we’ve met, I’ll introduce myself. I’m Hymn, and I’m the Fairy of Spring. I basically take care the plants and trees you see in this forest. Especially in this area. I give every plant equal nutrients, water and sunlight so that all of them can grow healthily. And in order for them to enjoy their life better, I’ll always play music with my harp to make them happy. The flowers are my best company.” she said, smiling.

“So… what’s your name, young one?”

The question filled me up with sudden worry. Lost and concerned about myself, I looked down with grief in my eyes.

“Do you remember anything? Can you speak?”

I shooked my head repeatedly. I bit my lower lip as I try holding in back my tears. Hymn gently patted my head, trying to calm me down.

“Don’t force yourself. It’s okay.” Hymn said, with a happy grin. Her face then beamed up, giving her an idea of what to do. She stood up and stroked her chin and looked at her neatly stacked books, as if trying to remember something.

Hymn took a thick brown book that had slightly torn yellow pages. The cover of the book was a little dusty and it had hurried scribbles all over it so I couldn’t read its name. She swiped the dust off the book, sat down and opened the book.

“Assuming that you’re lost, I’ll read you some parts of the forest that you need to know. Okay?”

Since I was interested, I nodded and got near to her. I then started to listen attentively to her.

As she flipped through the pages, what I mostly saw about the contents of the book were some locations about the forest, the plants in the forest and some characteristics about the mystic beings found in the forest.

She cleared her throat, and smiled fondly at me.

“There’s a lot of different variety of lands that you need to know in this forest. Most of them have Fairies who are in full control of the land. Right now, young one, you’re in the Valley of Blooming Flowers. I’m one of the four guardians of seasons. The other three are… my sisters. I’m the second eldest among all four. The eldest is Eyra, the Fairy of Winter. Vera, the Fairy of Summer, is the second youngest. The youngest is Akiko, the Fairy of Autumn. Without any of us, the seasons in this forest would be in jeopardy.” Hymn explained.

I started to think how much of a responsibility I would get if I were to have a big role in keeping things balanced.

Hymn flipped a few pages to find some more useful information she could tell to me. As she tried to find some info through the pages, I noticed a small locket placed on one of the stacked books. Since I was interested in it, I gently tugged Hymn’s dress and pointed at the locket.

“Oh? Do you want to look at this? I found this locket a few days ago because it caught my attention. I don’t know the owner of this thing, though…” she said as she handed me the locket.

The front part of the locket had an initial, which was a ‘D’ that was engraved at the front. It was oval in shape and gray in color. It had small, white roses as the minor design at the back part of the locket.

When I opened the locket, I founded out that the left slot of the locket had a folded note, while the right slot of the locket had a worn out, almost torn photograph. I couldn’t tell the appearance of the person in the photograph.

“You can keep it, by the way.”

I smiled to her and nodded as saying thanks, and wore it around my neck.

“It looks so cute on you!” Hymn said, as she smiled sweetly at me.
I felt like checking the contents later. I still felt like staying with Hymn for a little while so that I could find bits of more info.

“Okay, okay, there’s some more that you need to know, young girl. Even though this forest may seem like it’s small, it’s not. There are realms that you need to see, and those realms contain beautiful lands. In this forest, there are more than fairies, too. There are elves, dwarves, animals that can talk, and a lot of more.”

I then vividly imagined a talking squirrel. Thinking how funny the imagination was, I silently giggled to myself.

As Hymn tried to find more info and resources as she flipped through the pages, I realized it was getting darker out. It was probably almost night time.

“Oh no, this is really bad. Young girl, are you going anywhere after this? It’s dangerous for you to wander alone around these woods.” Hymn said, as she looked up at the sky, realizing too that it was almost night time.

I nodded.

“Do you wanna stay here for a little while?”

I shrugged. I don’t want that.

“Will you please at least make me show you a place to stay?”

I nodded.

“Okay. Follow me.”

I then realized that her gleeful expression was suddenly replaced with seriousness, indicating that she was worrying about my own safety. I held Hymn’s hand, and I let her show me the way for a place for me to sleep in.

We then started walking without any hesitation. The air of the atmosphere started darkening and it was making me feel nervous. I felt like I was being watched as the skies were getting darker. Since I felt paranoid, I looked around anxiously if there was any danger and gripped Hymn’s hand tightly. My heart started skipping a beat.

Hymn looked down on me, noticing my anxiety.

“Are you okay?”

I slowly nodded, but then I immediately shrugged excessively.

“It’s okay. Just stay close with me and everything will go smoothly.” Hymn said as she tried to reassure me.

Hymn and I walked together down to a route where there were mushrooms that lit up in the night, so that we could get to our destination safely. Even so, I still held Hymn’s hand tightly. I didn’t want to let go.

“I’m glad that you made me do this. Believe me, young girl; in the nights, some predators can harm you. This forest may seem peaceful, but it’s not, really.”

My heart was beating as fast as usual. I gripped Hymn’s hand tighter.

“It’s okay, it’s okay. I’ll protect you if something bad happens. Don’t worry, okay?”

I looked into her eyes, and nodded weakly. I didn’t want anything to happen to us.

Hymn and I walked down on a route where the trees could protect us from most harm. The trees that surrounded us were all tall and huge. The barks of the trees were very thick, and I could tell that the surface of the leaves of the trees were all tough and hairy.

I then moved closer to Hymn. My heart was rejecting the reassurance, along with the safety of the route. I kept looking around with a scared face, afraid if something actually really did go wrong with our journey. I could feel my pulse racing up as we kept walking. My vision started blurring and I breathed heavily.

My heart felt like it was about to explode. I couldn’t hold Hymn’s hand any tighter as I was getting weaker and weaker. I kept thinking about the dangers that could strike me or Hymn, and I kept thinking about how bad it’ll be like, thinking it’s all my fault.

I tried thinking about something else, but it was far too impossible for me to do.

My palms were feeling sweaty and I felt cold. Ignoring my surroundings and slowly going on to focusing my own thoughts, my assertiveness was weakening. I felt like my heart was getting stabbed all over and over again.

I realized that Hymn was looking at me as she saw me losing myself in my train of thought, asking me if I was really okay with her worried face. I couldn’t nod or talk or do anything to tell her in my current state.

All of a sudden, the two of us could hear rustling noises, not far from where we were. Shocked about the sudden sound of the noise, my breaths were going unstable and tears were starting to flow out. Bad thoughts began playing out in my mind.

Hymn immediately rushed on and checked on me. I couldn’t tell her expression on her face anymore. Because of all this mess in my mind, I stumbled to my knees and started trembling like a leaf. I tried to think positively to calm myself down, but it couldn’t work.

Hymn crouched down and started trying to calm me down. She gently stroked my back, and kept repeating a phrase that I couldn’t make out. While she did that, she looked around, trying to sense if there was really danger coming around us.

I looked closely at Hymn through my blurred vision. I could tell that her eyes started dilating, and her wings were stiff.

She sighed, and casted and incantation on my locket, placing it on my left hand. With all of my strength, I held it tightly.

She smiled. Maybe I’m supposed to hold it like this for now.

“Everything’s gonna be okay, little girl. I’ll protect you. That locket will, too.”

Hymn stood up, faced to the opposite direction of our route and headed forward. My heart was beating irregularly as I watched her moved that way without me.

“Don’t leave me alone…” I thought to myself. I was beginning to feel more and more insecure and scared as she stepped away from me.

But then I saw; a large, gray, pole-like weaponry with pointy sharp ends, being wielded by Hymn. The fairy in front of my eyes was on her stance, ready to fight her enemy.

All of a sudden, there was a loud noise, and something sprinted out of nowhere. Surprised because of the sudden noise, I cupped both of my ears and tried not to panic more. The strings of the necklace were dangling around my fingers.

The being started sprinting towards me. Not knowing what to do and scared, I closed my eyes tightly and prayed that I wouldn’t get hurt.

When the mysterious being ran and got close to me, it jumped upwards and on a glimpse, I saw pairs of red gloomy eyes that pierced through my own heart. The sight was awful to me; it scared me so much, I felt my heartbeat starting to beat up furiously. I was still closing my eyes shut, trying to think up positive things so that I could try and stop panicking about the situation I’m in. But it wouldn’t work.

All sudden, I heard a loud screech. I stopped cupping my ears and opened my eyes instantaneously. What I saw in front of me was a large beast that had black fur, wide gleaming red eyes and sharp claws on its paws. The beast was wounded on it’s left foot, because Hymn had stabbed her weapon through the large beast.

My eyes widened and my breaths were out of control as I saw the sight of blood coming out from the beast. I then cupped my mouth with my left hand and scurried backwards so that I could lean and rest myself against a surface. I needed to relax.

As I let myself rest, I let go of my left hand and started to take a few breaths so that I could calm myself down. As what Hymn said earlier, I started to hold my locket tightly and tried telling myself that I’m safe. I closed my eyes again and tried not to let the violent situation get over me.

When I closed my eyes, I heard a calm voice in my mind.

“Everything’s gonna be okay..."

A young boy’s appearance flashed through my mind for a few seconds. I couldn’t make out his identity, but I saw that he was smiling calmly towards me. After seeing his image, I could now try and control my breaths. I opened my eyes and I then realized I was a little calmer than before.

As I was sitting down, holding my locket tightly, I saw Hymn trying her best to fight the beast off. Whenever the beast wanted to scratch her, she blocked swiftly against its claws. I was amazed by how swift and fast Hymn was. She was winning.

Hymn pushed the being away from herself, knocking it through the air to the ground. The beast started coughing up blood, which made me squirm. I couldn't handle the sight of blood, even if it was only a speck of it.

I looked away from their battle and continuously focused on the locket. Whenever I thought about the boy, my breaths could relax. The boy from the locket seemed to interest me. His soothing voice calmed me down like a charm. I felt like I wanted to know more about him.

Going back to Hymn, she was steadily fighting the beast. There were only some scratches around her around her cheeks. Hymn always could block the beast's attacks in time. She swiped its claws to the left, spun her pole and immediately stabbed it as her final blow, making the beast screech. Blood was all over the grass.

It's screech was too loud. Frightened by it, I closed my eyes shut and cupped my ears tightly and prayed that it'll get quiet again soon. I looked at Hymn,admiring how she didn't hesitate at all. I realized that she was strong.

She then brazenly sighed and looked at me.

"It's all okay now, young girl." she said, as if all of her stamina and energy drained out.

The fairy gripped her weapon tightly while swayed her hands around it. With a blink of an eye, it was all gone. She then walked to my direction. The fairy reached her hand out.

I grabbed her hand and stood up with all my strength. After that, we continued our journey to go to our destination.

-End-

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
You had me read this a bunch of times in Google Drive. x3 It's definitely a very interesting story. I really like the plot. I can't wait to see how their memories come together. You're doing pretty well, just remember to stick with past tense vocabulary and keep working on your syntax. c;

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom