• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Hunting, Cooking, and Gathering

Triforce King

Pathfinder for life
Well hello everyone! This is Triforce King here, and I would like to ask you guys some questions about the new game mechanics of The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild as well as what type of eater you are. Okay then, since we now know that you can hunt and gather food in the game, I was wondering what will be your playstyle in this game? In this game you can hunt and kill various of animals like: boars, deers, birds, rabbits, squirrels, lizards, and frogs. As well as gathering healthy and vegetation foods like: apples, mushrooms, Peppers, truffles, herbs, and etc. As seen in this video So I was wondering guys, what would be your playstyle? Would you make Link a meat eater, vegetarian, or vegan like yourself? Would you fill up the recipe list in the game? Do you hunt and kill animals irl for food and game, and are perfectly fine or not fine with killing them in Breath of the Wild? Do you hate hurting animals, but you feel that it's okay or not okay to kill them in the game? Or do you just don't care either way? So what's it gonna to be, the pacifist route, where you let all the animals live, or the genocide route, where you kill every animal you see:right:? I let you guys decide.

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
You'll probably end up with some dubious dishes at first.

I expect so. But it appears that you can combine quite a few different types of ingredients and you may be surprised at what you get. Like when he mixed a bunch of stuff that he thought would come out poorly, and it ended up being good.

I feel like we'll need to keep a list of the ingredients and recipes for sure!

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I'm really excited about this mechanic. I'm not planning on hunting everything I see but trying to get some rare meats and fish is definitely something I'll be doing. I love cooking irl so I'll probably love it in-game too and try to make everything I can. I'll probably spend a lot of time preparing dishes for a big hike or expedition.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
Well hello everyone! This is Triforce King here, and I would like to ask you guys some questions about the new game mechanics of The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild as well as what type of eater you are. Okay then, since we now know that you can hunt and gather food in the game, I was wondering what will be your playstyle in this game? In this game you can hunt and kill various of animals like: boars, deers, birds, rabbits, squirrels, lizards, and frogs. As well as gathering healthy and vegetation foods like: apples, mushrooms, Peppers, truffles, herbs, and etc. As seen in this video So I was wondering guys, what would be your playstyle? Would you make Link a meat eater, vegetarian, or vegan like yourself? Would you fill up the recipe list in the game? Do you hunt and kill animals irl for food and game, and are perfectly fine or not fine with killing them in Breath of the Wild? Do you hate hurting animals, but you feel that it's okay or not okay to kill them in the game? Or do you just don't care either way? So what's it gonna to be, the pacifist route, where you let all the animals live, or the genocide route, where you kill every animal you see:right:? I let you guys decide.

I'll probably do like I do in Minecraft and hoard up whatever I can get, so I'll probably do some hunting and some gathering all depending on what I need to get the effects I need.

I'm typically utilitarian about these kinds of things over roleplaying. I'll likely store up on things that restore the most health regardless of what they are.

Same. Seems kinda silly to overthink this as you're not actually putting the food in your own mouth. I'll probably be keeping food purely for health and buffs.

As long as they don't take it the Tomb Raider route of eating for XP... I always thought that could be taken a very wrong direction. LOL

MW7

I'm a vegetarian IRL, but it will probably be harder to be a vegetarian in this game because meat is always assigned higher health value in games. I'll probably just do whatever in the game because it's just a game. Hunting could be fun, but at the very least I'll use meat that enemies already have. It's just nice to have so many options of how to play in this game. As far as we know it could be possible to play the whole game in underwear. We already saw that the temperature mechanic can be dealt with in numerous ways - carrying fire, wearing heavy clothes, or eating spicy food. I do like how easily Link can climb trees to grab apples. He's like Spiderman.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom