• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How many languages do you speak?

Both my parents are Spanish, but I can only piece together a few sentences at a time. English is my main language. I am learning French now too.

I speak Greek as my native language, and obviously English. I'm currently trying to learn Russian, although it's not going very well. I also took about 4 years of French at school, but can only barely introduce myself in it.

NintendoCN

Team Captain
I was born and raised in America so my primary language is English, around middle school I learned a handful of Spanish, and recently learned how to read and speak a ton of Japanese. I still make a few mistakes when speaking in Japanese though.

Mudora

Innocent but not fearful.
English is my native language and the only one I can speak fluently, though I do know some basic Ukrainian phrases and can understand bits and pieces in conversation. It would be nice to be fluent in it one day. I'm also currently trying to tackle Spanish in my free time.

Beauts

Rock and roll will never die
My first language is English. I did study French at school for five years and was good at it, but over the years and lack of use it fades. Though I find bits of it come back to me when I hear people speak it. I did study Spanish at school for a couple of years but I sucked at it and didn't pursue it beyond the very basics. I also used to, and how do I say this clearly? I fluently understood Arabic at one point. I have never been confident to speak it and I can't read a word of it, but I was ok in the North African dialects of it (not so much the Moroccan accent though) as a lot of my friends in college were Egyptian and Algerian.

I have been tentatively attempting to learn Danish lately too using Duolingo.

Raven Storm

Paint the world black and grey
English is my native language. But I am learning Norwegian and Thai at the moment.
Due to a passion and interest in my heritage/ancestry.

English and Bengali fluently. Used to know quite a bit of German, but stopped learning it, now I've forgotten most of it.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I'm dutch so of course dutch is my native language. I also speak english, german and french and I can understand a tiny bit of spanish. I was lucky to work at hotels and in the tourist business for a very long time so I met a lot of german tourists and this helped me to improve my german a lot.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom