• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Link to the Past How is Gannon Sealed in the Dark World if He Defeated Our Hero!

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
Ok so i was just thinking? ALttP is in the "defeated timeline", not to mention the very next story after OoT Link being defeated! My Question here is again is implying that HHs Defeated Time Line makes no sense but before you attack me and say "what Nintendo say goes" cuz sadly enough your already right..... which isnt right! Hear me out!

At the beginning of ALttP Agahnim was a dark wizard trying to "break the seal that held Gannon Captive in the Sacred Realm", So riddle me this Batman? How is Gannon Seal in the Sacred Realm (which is what happen at the end of OoT when you defeated Demon Lord Gannon) if Gannon defeated our hero.

Yet again Snakeoiltanker Attacking the Defeated Time Line, I know, But THIS, Makes no Sense! Who sealed him if he was not defeated!:S

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
A plothole that could easily be fixed, but Nintendo can't be arsed.

I know right, i refuse to accept that the hero died, we never seen it and it was never referenced to, it didnt happen, even the way the story continues on that time line it makes no sense that the Hero Died. Cuz who woulda Sealed Gannon then? HH can say "what they say goes" but i say "they are arrogant ***** who dont feel the need to make sense" all that BS aside, ALttP still Rules!

Keeseman

Smash is Life
You're forgetting the entire Imprisoning War, which was fought by the Knights of Hyrule and the Seven Sages in order to end Ganon's onslaught and seal him within the Dark World. Link had nothing to do with it.

You also don't seem to realize that Agahnim is Ganon.

ZeldaWiki said:
At the start of the final battle, Ganon reveals that Agahnim was his alter ego

But wait, wasn't Ganon sealed within the Dark World? How did he get out?

This means one of two things:

1. Ganon was never actually sealed. He escaped imprisonment and disguised himself as Agahnim.
  2. Ganon split himself in two, somehow. One copy of himself was sealed in the Dark World, and the other copy remained in the Light World disguised as Agahnim.

And if you were to ask how he could do either of those things, the answer is obvious:

3ugwkl.jpg

It seems like I've defeated you yet again, Nygma. I suggest this thread be officially closed now.

Musicfan

the shadow mage
Ok so i was just thinking? ALttP is in the "defeated timeline", not to mention the very next story after OoT Link being defeated! My Question here is again is implying that HHs Defeated Time Line makes no sense but before you attack me and say "what Nintendo say goes" cuz sadly enough your already right..... which isnt right! Hear me out!

At the beginning of ALttP Agahnim was a dark wizard trying to "break the seal that held Gannon Captive in the Sacred Realm", So riddle me this Batman? How is Gannon Seal in the Sacred Realm (which is what happen at the end of OoT when you defeated Demon Lord Gannon) if Gannon defeated our hero.

Yet again Snakeoiltanker Attacking the Defeated Time Line, I know, But THIS, Makes no Sense! Who sealed him if he was not defeated!:S

Some times you can be deffeted even if you "win". Maybe in this time line Link died shortly after Zelda sealed Ganon in the sacred relm due to injury.

Keeseman

Smash is Life
Some times you can be deffeted even if you "win". Maybe in this time line Link died shortly after Zelda sealed Ganon in the sacred relm due to injury.

No, no, no, no, no. Ganondorf wins and is most definitely not sealed after defeating Link in battle. Did you not read where I mentioned the Imprisoning War? The Seven Sages sealed Ganon after the Knights of Hyrule defeated him, not Link.

Musicfan

the shadow mage
No, no, no, no, no. Ganondorf wins and is most definitely not sealed after defeating Link in battle. Did you not read where I mentioned the Imprisoning War? The Seven Sages sealed Ganon after the Knights of Hyrule defeated him, not Link.

Well there is only 7 minutes between posts your post was not there when I was originaly reading it.

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
so okay so we are gonna accept this? Cuz when you think about the opening sequence of ALttP, it actually sounds like the beginning of a Saga.....no regard to the Legend of a Hero. So then really Its the first game of a different Series all together. Not only cuz link had nothing to do with Gannon or whats going on, he is not part of the Link (3d link i guess) bloodline. so then in the end, are we just accepting that Link (the real one from SS, MC, OoT you know with the whatever of the hero) died, and that this boy who is just chosen by the gods to take over the Hero bloodline.

Then again it is The Legend of Zelda so.... then the sages won...Zelda and the Hyrule royal family stayed in control....But somehow they sealed gannon...but they didnt and he was actually a person of Duty within the castle. Dude this is really just silly. ALttP has always been my favorite but unless we find out more about the "Imprisoning War" this makes no sense!

Keeseman

Smash is Life
so okay so we are gonna accept this? Cuz when you think about the opening sequence of ALttP, it actually sounds like the beginning of a Saga.....no regard to the Legend of a Hero. So then really Its the first game of a different Series all together. Not only cuz link had nothing to do with Gannon or whats going on, he is not part of the Link (3d link i guess) bloodline. so then in the end, are we just accepting that Link (the real one from SS, MC, OoT you know with the whatever of the hero) died, and that this boy who is just chosen by the gods to take over the Hero bloodline.

Then again it is The Legend of Zelda so.... then the sages won...Zelda and the Hyrule royal family stayed in control....But somehow they sealed gannon...but they didnt and he was actually a person of Duty within the castle. Dude this is really just silly. ALttP has always been my favorite but unless we find out more about the "Imprisoning War" this makes no sense!

It makes perfect sense. And you keep spelling "Ganon" wrong.

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
Ill accept it, i really just care about gameplay really. but i guess i just dont know how Ganon not Gannon, split himself in two or completely got sealed but not sealed. I dont really care, ALttP is the best entry in the series In my opinion. so i dont care. but really lets hope this new one mentions this war a lil more!

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
Here's my take on this. Ganon(dorf) defeated Link at the end of Ocarina of Time, and Link dies. Soon after, Ganon goes after the remaining pieces of the Triforce. He probably got the Triforce of Courage upon defeating Link, and somehow got the Triforce of Wisdom from Zelda during the Imprisoning War. Before he could make a wish on the Triforce, the Seven Wise Men were able to seal Ganon in the Sacred Realm. Once Ganon was there, he made a wish on the Triforce to transform the Sacred Realm into the Dark World. During the Imprisoning War, Ganon probably recruited Agahnim as his right-hand man. Since Agahnim was still at large in the Light World, he started to help Ganon break the seal by sending the Seven Maiden to the Dark World trapped in crystals. As he was sending Zelda to the Dark World, a new Link showed us and defeated Agahnim, who then escaped to the Dark World. Here, Ganon probably took Agahnim's body for disguise, but was ultimately defeated by the new Link once again.

Users who are viewing this thread