• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How far can you get in the LoZ games without a guide?

OGSniper

Sharpshooter for Hire
ZD Legend
Here is my list of LoZ games that I have played.

A Link to the Past- I can complete it just not 100%

Links Awakening- I can complete and 100% this one

Ocarina of Time- I can only get to Dogongos Cavern and I need a guide to finish the game

Majora's Mask- I can get to Woodfall and then I need a guide

Oracle games- I can complete not 100%

Minish Cap- I can complete not 100%

Twilight Princess- I can get to the Forest Temple and the I need a guide

Skyward Sword- It has been a while since I have played this last, I can prolly get to Skyview Temple then I need a guide

(All of the 3D games I have only played once.)

How 'bout you guys? How many LoZ games can you complete and/or 100% without a guide?

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
NES games I can get by on my own for a bit but eventually I'll need to look something up, maybe also LTTP but the rest of the games I'm good enough to finish on my own

for 100%, probably all of them

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
Forum Volunteer
A lot of the first Zelda Games I played I relied heavily on guidebooks, because I wasn't used to that style of gameplay (or gaming in general really). Now that I'm familiar with how the games tend to work I'm confident I could do most of them without the guides. I know I would need one for Zelda 1 (fortunately I happen to own a guidebook for that game) and also for if I wanted to repeat some of the side quests in Majora's Mask since you need to know all the times for that one which gets tricky. I don't think I could 100% any without a guide though which is fine since I don't really enjoy doing that.

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
I’ll usually pull up an overworld map in Zelda 1 just for rupee locations, and I can’t be bothered to think hard enough about the palaces in Zelda 2 to not use a guide, but apart from that I can get through them all without any outside help.

Now for 100% I don’t think I’d need any outside help for LttP, OoT, MM, or depending on your definition of 100% WW. Everything else ranges from “I’ll use it because I can’t remember the location of this one specific heart piece” to “yeah there’s no way in hell I’m memorizing all 800 tree turds also I despise this game why am I even playing it?”

The first 3 zeldas I did not have a guide.

The only guide I used for MC was the Kinstone trade and the color puzzles.

I did not have a guide for most of Twilight Princess except for the block and statue puzzles.

Who needs a guide in SS when you've got Captain Ob-Fi-ous and the shiekah stones, AND the item descriptions around? Thank you nintendo, I never would have guessed that I caught (another) butterfly.

Ages-Navigating is tricky at times.

Seasons-I got stuck in the Poison Moth Lair, and the Explorer's Crypt.

Awakening-I used a guide for the seashells, color puzzles and Eagle Tower.

I didn't play ST long enough to decide if i needed one.

Worlds-I didn't use a guide.

Ocarina 3D-I did not use a guide, but I did ask questions. Water Temple was awful without one the first couple of times.

Majora 3D-I couldn't find a stray fairy in Great Bay, so I looked it up. The bomber notebook was most helpful about keeping track of your tasks.

WWHD-I didn't use a guide, I did quit out of boredom.

BotW-I couldn't figure out a couple of shrines.

Ashley the Witch

ZD Champion
Personally, I never bothered to use guides in Zelda games, because I find it more rewarding to figure out the solutions by yourself. That being said, it's probably why I never really finished a lot of the Zelda games. Though I do plan on beating them without a guide eventually.

I used a guide for Zelda 1, OoT for the Water Temple because of course, MM for the Zora's eggs because I only had one bottle, OoS for the last Ruins Gem, WW for a couple Triforce charts, TP for the whole game because I was completely detached after the opening sequence, SS for that one whip puzzle in the Ancient Cistern, and BotW and TotK for Koroks. Other than that, I haven't felt the need other than for the last couple heart pieces in most of the games I've 100% completed.

Well, Ocarina and A Link to the Past I didn't use a guide at all. Minish Cap I used a guide every 5 minutes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom