• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

How Do I Connect My Blu-ray Player to My PC?

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I own a blu-ray player and I own a HDMI cable and yes I can plug it in my monitor and on the back of my pc. But my question is:
WHAT TO DO NEXT???
My questions are:
- Where do I plug the HDMI cable? In the monitor or the back of the PC?
- Do I need to install software to make it able to play the blu-rays?
- Do I need to plug more cables from my player to my pc if so which ones?
The one who can help me out is officially my hero :P

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
Does it need to be hooked up to your PC? Is it a Blu-Ray disk drive for the PC, or is it a standalone device? If the latter, you can just plug it into your monitor and select the HDMI input on the monitor. If it's a drive for the PC then you need to open up your computer and plug it into an HDMI port on the motherboard, and most likely install software (should have come with the drive).

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
It's a stand alone Player. The problem is when I plug it into my monitor it doesn't show up at all. So My question is do I need to download software for this? or do I need to add something else? Should it show up as an external device in my pc?

Austin

Austin
If it's a standalone player it should just be plug-and-play. It should plug into the back of your monitor via HDMI cable, and you'll likely have to change the input settings on your monitor. Do you use an HDMI cable to connect your monitor to your PC? If so, you could just temporarily unplug the PC and plug the Blu-ray player into the same port without having to change any settings. If none of this works, I'd recommend testing it with another device such as another monitor or TV.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom