• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hohoho the Positives of Christmas

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
Christmas is when the whole family tend to get together, including extended family, and I've always enjoyed that. The rest of the year, it all comes down to who you run into, because everyone is so busy with their lives, but at Christmas time, we tend to gather at least for a little while, and it's nice to catch up with them.

I love the food, I always look forward to Christmas dinner, the smell of tangerines is like the smell of Christmas to me, and then there are all those other goodies.

Christmas movies, and by that I don't mean those stereotypical mass-produced ones, but rather the movies that for some reason are aired on our main network Christmas Eve every single year (amusingly enough only one of the two are specifically christmas themed, the other is a strange Czech Cinderella tale, lol).

Unfortunately, because they've recently remade the move, most of the yt vids I find are of the new one, and while it's mostly okay (some changes I didn't like), it's the old one that has the real magic. Didn't want to just post a clip since it's a Norwegian movie and most people here wouldn't understand anything, so my only option was this one which has very little dialogue and (most) tell the story (even if it leaves out several things)
[video=youtube;_be2E3eMAAI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_be2E3eMAAI[/video]

And here's the czech one:
[video=youtube;0zhqq4wmYck]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0zhqq4wmYck[/video]

And I love watching people's reactions when they open up my gifts :)

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
Now that Thanksgiving is over I will finally spout out what I feel positive about at Christmas time. :3

Spending time with people you haven't seen in a while are always a positive; there are a lot of my family that I don't often get to see, and some friends who I do get to see, but I don't get to talk to them really. :< And then of course I love to go out and look at lights around the city with my family! (the remaining family at home, anyway) Now being off school for Christmas is obviously a positive, especially since this year we might get to play games with my dad, yey! And the best of all, going to mass both Christmas Eve and Christmas Day, because those services are absolutely beautiful! ^^ I especially love the Christmas Eve mass, because God has never let me down one single year in letting snow fall from the sky that night!

That's what makes me happy at Christmas time!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom