• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Tech Help Having PS3 Issues . . . Help?

SpiritGerudo

Flamey-o, Hotman!
I got a PS2 game a little while ago for my PS3, and I know that I have the version of the PS3 that is backwards compatible with PS2 games, but I'm having issues with it. When I go into the game, I get this little blip of audio and a little flash of video, but then the whole screen goes black and the sound is gone. Then there are these little flashes of random color and it just keeps doing that . . . even the menu that you get when you hold the PS button is all spazzy up and down. It's acting kind of like it's got the wrong video format. Again, it SHOULD be backwards compatible. We tried restoring the system to all of it's default settings, screwed with the PS2 video settings, but nothing works, the game just doesn't want to play. Help? Anyone know what's going on?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
What game are you trying to play? There are a few games that just won't work on BC PS3s.

Also, one other thing might be the PS3 video settings. If I remember correctly but don't quote me on this, some PS2 games don't like being in HD mode. Take your PS3 back down to the good ol' RCA cables and see if it'll work from there, HDMI cables hate some PS2 games.

SpiritGerudo

Flamey-o, Hotman!
I was trying to play Okami, I haven't found anything on the internet about anyone else having problems with it. We were playing it on an RCA cable. We've tried switching it to HDMI, but you were right, the game hates it, the TV just couldn't find the signal because the game was trying to play it in a different format, I guess. My dad tried moving it something else, not sure what it was, but that got rid of the flashes of colors and the menu was still spazzy and the game still wasn't playing. We had also tried, when it was still on the RCA cable, turning off the option that converted PS2 games into HD, it didn't do anything different. We even tried downloading the software made for the later models of the PS3 that aren't compatible with PS2 that allows it to play PS2 games, and it didn't do anything.

TheMasterSword

The Blade of Evil's Bane
Maybe the updates have something to do with it? Change the video format to the EXACT setting of Okami, also, make sure every plug is plugged ALL the way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom