• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Have You Ever Thought of Using a Dating Site

Have you ever used a dating website?

• Yes

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • No

Votes: 15 65.2%
  • I can't remember

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
Because you are more likely to start a better realtionship that would work out better, and the chances of running into some creep would be lower.
I gotta tell you man, I'm not sure I trust relationship advice from a 13 year old boy, on the internet, ironically.

For me personally, I wouldn't use a dating website. I prefer to meet people in person, through the places I go and the things I do.
There is also the risk of people taking on fake identities online, but as has been said already, you could just as easily meet a creeper face to face and not realize at first.
It's not for me, but if other people can find happiness and companionship on a dating website then more power to them.

ToastPainter_3

Master Pyro
I've pondered over it, but I never used one before. I have no need; I realized at Prom that talking to girls in real life really isn't that hard.​

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
Tried Tinder last fall, it was awful. That's all I've done in terms of dedicated dating sites, but all of my relationship stuff thus far has had some sort of online component and I've never been raped or murdered so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Because you are more likely to start a better realtionship that would work out better, and the chances of running into some creep would be lower.
Some people can deal with distance, and not everyone on the internet is a rapist or murderer.

Dan

I must admit I started this thread off quite cynically. Reading through the responses has changed my views on the subject a little bit. I've noticed after people have finished school they don't tend to make as many friends, which is usually due to others having started a Family no longer granting them much time as they used to posses, some have very time consuming careers and others have too many friends now that they can't possibly have more.
Meeting new people that desire friendships with you can be difficult at certain ages, so dating and meetup websites only make sense. While I can understand relationship success rates being lower for those that date primarily using websites it stands somewhat irrelevant as there's more to such websites than simply trying to hook up with someone.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I've thought about it and realized that dating sites are silly in and of themselves. The world is my oyster, I can do whatever I please. If I want to date/meet someone, I can. I can travel the world, learn new skills, do whatever I please.

Dan

I've thought about it and realized that dating sites are silly in and of themselves. The world is my oyster, I can do whatever I please. If I want to date/meet someone, I can. I can travel the world, learn new skills, do whatever I please.

Indeed you can but meeting sites can filter out the crap. If for example I wanted to meet an Asian transexual adopted by an Amish family living in Poland that enjoy Hentai I would have to do a lot of searching, using the power of the internet I can utilise a couple of filters and be given thousands of results in seconds!

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
If some unforeseen event would lead my wife and I to not be together anymore, I would consider using one of the more reputable ones (e.g., Match or eHarmony). I've known a few marriages to come from them, and when you actually have to pay to access content, it weeds out some of the undesirables.

I would never do Tinder or Zoosk or anything like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom