• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Have You Ever Saved a Life?

Cel-Shaded Deku

Ha ha, charade you are!
Rapin' your churches, burnin' your women!
This is the opposite of Dan's thread "Have you Nearly Died?" Has anyone here prevented a person's death?

Unless saving spiders that otherwise would have been squished by the easily startled females in my school, I have not. Although in fourth or fifth grade a girl in my class preformed CPR on another girl who was choking on a piece of candy. They were in all of the newspapers and got a page in the yearbook dedicated to that.

octorok74

TETTAC
I have saved someone's life. I still talk to him, mainly because he is one of my clan members on XBL. Oh, and he is twelve and lives in Newfoundland while I live in Illinois. So here is my story:

Me and friend were playing some Infection on Halo: Reach. While were playing he says ow, real quietly but enough for me to hear. I asked him what's wrong and he says he cut himself. Here is how, he was hungry and decided to cut some bread on the floor of his bedroom. Well the knife slipped and cut his leg into the deep part of the muscle. So, yeah he was bleeding pretty bad. Now being clan leader, I was starting to freak out, because 1) I don't want to lose one of my closest friends and 2) I don't want to lose a clan member. Luckily, I talked him through how to get apply a tourniquet. Unfortunately, he didn't tie it tight enough and he soaked three socks and his Xbox controller in blood. The whole time I freaking out he is as calm as can be. When the paramedics arrived he got off Xbox and my other friend who has in the party declared me a hero. I didn't know how I could be considered a hero when I was scared beyond belief. I really didn't even feel like I saved his life until he said that the doctor said the tourniquet stopped a lot of the bleeding.

So, that's my story. I've lived a pretty eventful life so far and I hope it continues. Helping people out is one of my favorite things to do.

octorok74

TETTAC
No. I would, though.

Why not? (Well, unless it was your mortal enemy or you don't have a heart.)

Even if it was my mortal enemy whose life was at stake, I would save them. Especially if you know they may die. You would have to be heartless to not save them.

Dan

I saved my friend from walking backwards into a bus. Using the power of shouting. Oh and I'm also a super hero ;)

I found my mother shortly after a suicide attempt. My parents are divorced and I was at my dad's house. I was in high school at the time. I sensed something was wrong, my father thankfully trusted in my instinct and we went to my mothers house where we found her after a suicide attempt. We got her to the hospital in time. Had I not gone to check on her she may have died.

Can't really think of anything else.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I recall a time when my little brother cut his finger almost completely off, I helped my older brother get the gauze to fix that. And another time, my little brother also sliced his head almost literally in two, my dad held his head together while I cleaned up the blood.

So, really I've never saved a life. I don't but also do want to be in that situation, where I could save a life...I don't know, it's a scary thought.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Yes I think I have and I don't wanna know what could have happened.

In 2008 my mother was diagnosed with dementia and in 2009 she would be moved to a nursery home. I drove to her home and my sister asked me if we should do this and if it wasn't too early for her to go to a Nursery home. I got out of my car and walked to the door when I smell gas. I rushed inside and turned off the stove. All four pits were on but without the fire so the gas was escaping madly. AND on top of that she also turned on the oven fully at 200C. I tossed open all doors and windows to let the gas escape. My mother is a smoker so the idea what could have happened if she lit up one cigarette

In 2008 when I just moved to my current place my brother came to me. He was looking like a wreck and pale. Things were not going right for him for a long time. He talked about suicide and I know from first experience in my family always to take suicide talks serious. My dad killed himself when I was 15 so... I felt very uncomfortable and the little voice inside my head kept on nagging me. So I took my brother in till he was well enough to live on his own again. This lasted one year and a half but with success :)

Dr3W21

shoegaze girl
I don't really know if this counts, but one of my closest friends was really, really depressed at some point last year. Well, he hadn't really told anyone, which, of course, makes things worse. Well, one of our friends and I finally convinced him to open up, because we could tell something was definitely wrong. He went on for probably an hour about what was getting to him, and then he said he felt relieved that he could open up to us.... he said that he was definitely considering suicide, but ultimately had decided against it by that point.

I also have another similar story that instead involves the other friend I was telling you about, also definitely one of my closest friends. Well, he was in Washington DC, and had had some sort of argument with somebody, and threatened to kill himself. What didn't help was the fact that there were rumors going around about him being suicidal. He'd had incidents like this before, but this time he disappeared after that. He had went and hid in a bathroom stall, and decided to text me about how "worthless" he was. I basically just went on about how great of a friend he was, and how I didn't know where I'd be without him, and he then realized that he was wrong, and he hasn't had many, if any, of these sort of incidents since.

octorok74

TETTAC
Even if it was my mortal enemy whose life was at stake, I would save them. Especially if you know they may die. You would have to be heartless to not save them.

Okay, I want to address my comment real quick here. I received five likes for this yesterday and it was really starting to upset me. I truly appreciate the likes, but this is common sense. Would you guys really let your own mortal enemy die. I can say for a fact that I wouldn't. I'm speaking from experience, because I have a mortal enemy. Obviously, I'm not going to name names, but let's just say that he's the person who took away the one person I loved. Now she can't even glance in my direction without his permission. But you know what, I'd save him a million times over. Not because it's the right thing to do, but because no matter how much a shisno he may be, some people may miss him if he were dead. If someone were to die there will always be at least one person who will miss them. It just seems wrong to let someone die just because they are your enemy. And yes, I realize that maybe they will still be your enemy and they will still attack you, but at least you will know that you did the right thing in the end.

So, yeah. Long story short: You guys liked my post, I got a bit upset, I'm fine now.

Dan

Okay, I want to address my comment real quick here. I received five likes for this yesterday and it was really starting to upset me. I truly appreciate the likes, but this is common sense. Would you guys really let your own mortal enemy die. I can say for a fact that I wouldn't. I'm speaking from experience, because I have a mortal enemy. Obviously, I'm not going to name names, but let's just say that he's the person who took away the one person I loved. Now she can't even glance in my direction without his permission. But you know what, I'd save him a million times over. Not because it's the right thing to do, but because no matter how much a shisno he may be, some people may miss him if he were dead. If someone were to die there will always be at least one person who will miss them. It just seems wrong to let someone die just because they are your enemy. And yes, I realize that maybe they will still be your enemy and they will still attack you, but at least you will know that you did the right thing in the end.

So, yeah. Long story short: You guys liked my post, I got a bit upset, I'm fine now.

I liked it because there are so many ****ing idiots who wouldn't do this.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
In video games: All the time.
In real life: Nope. I would love to though. Not for publicity or popularity, but for the sole reason that someone was able to live another day because of me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom