• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Gorons Throughout The Timeline

B

Bandersnatch

Gorons are one of my favorite races in all of Hyrule, and I was wondering what people thought about why there are not any Gorons in some of the titles, (the 2D games). Did the Gorons go extinct? Maybe during the great flood, I noticed there were less Gorons in WW..? Give me your ideas!

Also, Im new here.. so yeah, first thread...:)

Aelic7

The Young Drifter
It seems like a lot of Zelda races are extinct. Nowadays you hardly see any Zoras or Dekus. But that doesn't mean they have to be in every game. Gorons are in OoT, MM, WW, PH, and ST. So no, I don't think they're extinct yet.

In the earlier games, Nintendo probably hadn't thought up some races yet. Sometimes people tend to think that when some races don't exist in the earlier games, that it has some races that are extinct.

Well, people say the timeline starts with ZSS, but ignoreing that, it is MC. Which is a 2D with gorons. After that is OoT, which has gorons. In timeline A, MM and TP has gorons. In ALttP, there is no gorons which confuses many because the next game, OoA/OoS does. On timeline B, TWW, PH, and ST do have gorons. In ZSS, MC, and OoT, there are Dekus. In in MM, there are. There are no dekus in later games because of what Kaepora Gebora told us about the Dekus doom. We do not know if ZSS has zoras. MC does not, OoT does. Which I assume they started evolving into that then. In MM, there are zoras. In TP, ALttP, and OoX, there are zoras. But in ALttP, they evolved into river zoras and back into sea zoras in OoX. In timeline B, TWW has a lone zora. The rest evolved into ritos and stayed in the Old Hyrule. PH takes place in world of the ocean king. ST takes place in New Hyrule. Both of which are not Old Hyrule, which they would not leave because Valoo is in Old Hyrule. Again, I do not beleive in split timelines.

What is the Dekus Doom that you said Kaepora Gaebora talked about? I never heard of that before what is it?

ironknuckle1

Archer Extraordinaire
Gorons are one of my favorite races in all of Hyrule, and I was wondering what people thought about why there are not any Gorons in some of the titles, (the 2D games). Did the Gorons go extinct? Maybe during the great flood, I noticed there were less Gorons in WW..? Give me your ideas!

Also, Im new here.. so yeah, first thread...:)
i think you are mising a couple facts because gorons are in both MC,OOS and OOA.

B

Bandersnatch

But if Zelda and Links Adventure take place last in most timelines, then something should of happened to them if they were a live in the games that take place near the beggining of the timeline..

S

Saria

I don't think they're extinct. They're in ST, which is near the end of the timeline, I believe.

Pinecove

Last Chance
Old thread is old.

@Ember: I have no reason to assume LoZ/AoL would have intent to move to before ALttP. If they're on separate timelines, then fine I'll give - but otherwise, there's no reason to assume the intent has been broken.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom