• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Good Bye Wii U

The Wii U has a lot of similarities to the gamecube. They both had fantastic games released, sometimes introducing brilliant new IP and they both unfortunately sold poorly but I'm excited for things to come.

People do not remember Videogame systems by how powerful they are.

I have never heard once, a person say in 2016, "oh man. Remember the GameCube? It used to be such a powerful system".

In the long run, people will remember the games. People today aren't raving about how Powerful the PS3 was back in the day. It's old hat, and more and more people disregard the power of the Wii in favor of games.

People will look back to the Wii U in 10 years as a console that didn't sell well and poorly excecuted design, but a system with some really good games. Much like the Dreamcast.
That is exactly right, people remember the games, and that is what I remember for the Wii U as well. I got to play 2 Zelda games on HD, play new mario games and great exclusives like Splatoon. I know Wii U was far from being a great console but the good games they released on it were really really great

I'm still mad they were so quick to ditch the Wii U. Like, they didn't even try. Nice going, Nintendo.
I am saddened by that too. they could have continued with the Wii U even after releasing the NX. I only got the Wii U 1 year ago and I certainly will not be getting the NX any time soon after its release. I have too many games left to play on the Wii U and might wait for more games to be released on the NX before buying one.

I was very close to getting a Wii U recently, but it's still just so expensive. If I'm going to for over around $350, I'd prefer to just wait for the NX... if it ever comes out...
Well since you have waited for so long I don't know what I would have done in your place. there are still some great games on the Wii U, I particularly enjoyed all the Zelda games, Splatoon, Bayonetta 2, Pokken and Super smash bros 4. Considering it is still so expensive you might be better off waiting for the NX or try to find a cheap used one instead.

The Wii U has a lot of similarities to the gamecube. They both had fantastic games released, sometimes introducing brilliant new IP and they both unfortunately sold poorly but I'm excited for things to come.
That's unfortunate for Nintendo because they always make great new games that will be remembered and enjoyed more than the "popular" games on PC and other consoles but they never sell too well. hopefully this will change with the NX

tbh I liked the Wii U more than the Wii :c
I can't really decide between the 2. the Wii was revolutionary, its gameplay was as unique as it could get back then. I remember spending hours and hours simply playing wii sports. but then the Wii U came along with finally HD graphics and the games looked so much better which made it really appealing as a console. you can probably say that some games were better on the Wii U but the Wii had so many unique games that utilised its potenial, like Red steel, No More Heroes, the Sports games, Skyward Sword etc

Last edited by a moderator:

Roger Rad

The Fabulous One
The lack of HD on the wii was one of my biggest concerns. That and the not-so-precise wiimote which made Link slash his sword in every but the right direction in SS. also: recalibrate. meh!

pyjamas5189

Secretly a cat
I tend to be a console behind because its cheaper so roll on the NX so I can finally get a wii U

I honestly didnt know that was a thing but deffo adding it to my christmas list
It's only around 60 pounds and it comes with 30 games as well. so if you like old school games then it is really worth it. i am excited to finally play the first zelda games along with Mario and Kirby

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom