• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Question

Im no zelda expert as far as Zelda lore, but it seems to me no matter what they're all called whether it's Siren world, twilight realm, dark world, sacred realm etc...
they are all really the same place just referred to differently being that each game has hundreds of years between each other,

am I wrong?
Thanks in advance!

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
No. The Dark World originated in the backstory to A Link to the Past, as Ganondorf touched the Triforce and wished for the land, changing the Golden Land (Sacred Realm) into a mirrored world of the Light World. It still reflected the heart, though, as it's the Sacred Realm, so all those who enter turn into what they are inside their hearts.

The Twilight Realm is something different entirely. In fact, it's actually much different than the Twilight that covered Hyrule in the first half of the game. That Twilight was unnatural to the Light World, so it somehow turned people into spirit forms. Link, due to the Triforce of Courage, didn't turn into a spirit form, but rather what his spirit was like. A feral beast. A wolf. Now, the Twilight Realm is just a realm with the absence of light entirely, and those who enter it change into shadows of the light, which are known as the Twili. Link didn't change because of the ToC.

Now, the Siren World we really have no idea on. All we know is that it (appears to be) a mirrored world of Hyrule, and that we will be collecting things similar to the Tears of Light in Twilight Princess while avoiding the guardians of the Siren World. We won't have a sword (or shield, I think), so we will have to use stealth, and if Link is touched by one of the guardians, he's sent out of the Siren World.

ss_siren01.jpg
ss_siren02.jpg

2z5ukuo.png

(Sequence photo from Djinn's article about the Siren World)

R

RupeeInTheRough

they all represent a similar idea, but as JuiceJ put it (and very well, at that), it doesn't mean that they are the exact same place

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom