• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Gaming disasters

• Thread starter Deleted member 96199
  • Start date

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
I remember two bad disasters caused by my younger brother who still remains to be a complete idiot

there were two instances where I come home from school and find that he deleted a majority of my save files on my gamecube memory card, I'm sure I took precautions not to let it happen a 2nd time but I may have goofed and left it in my gamecube one day

the other is coming home to see he ****ed w/ my games as they were spread out on the floor, and find that a few of them were completely unreadable
off the top of my head, I remember the games were Mario Party 7, Mario Superstar Baseball, Lego Star Wars 1, and disc 1 of MGS The Twin Snakes
needless to say I cried, I replaced MGS right away, I wouldn't replace the Mario games until years later, and to this day I never rebought Lego Star Wars

Link&Midna

K-Dawg
I put 50 or so hours into Sapphire before giving up on it cus the internal clock battery died and i thought that mirage island (which the battery is needed for, i believe) was the location of the final gym and I couldnt complete the game. Whether that's actually true, idk, but I was 12 and didn't think to look it up (this was a time when my understanding of the net was very limited) so I just never beat that game lol.
Yellow, I was at the indigo plateau, just beat Gary i believe, when my save battery died. WAs at the final stages (?) of the TCG video game when the same thing happened.
I was fairly far into FireRed, almost at the end i think, when someone stole it, along with my gameboy and favorite cards.
There was also a time as a young kid when my brother and I got into a fight and he did something to the PS3 (aggressively mashing the power button or something, I don't remember) that caused a hard reset of some sort, and deleted every Minecraft world we had

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
I've got a lot lol.

Little brother, was like 6 at the time, deleted all our MarioKart Wii save data. That same brother also got a hold of the GameBoy more recently and reset my 13yo brother's Pokemon Emerald slot to start his own. I feel like he's got more crimes on his hands but those are the two that stick out in my memory.

I posted about it here when it happened, but one time I was playing Wind Waker and needed to plug in the gamepad, and to do that I needed to move it closer to the couch. Well, the gamepad and console were plugged in right next to each other, and guess which one I unplugged? (: Had to restart the dungeon I was in.

And ofc obligatory shoutout to when I was laying on the floor playing Smash, threw my controller on the ground midround because I'd accidentally thrown myself off the edge, and somehow that broke it. Still works but the ability to work unplugged is sketchy. I could probably think of more but this is too long already lol.

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
well recently Ezio of AC got stuck in the wall (i have pics!!) so i had to restart....uhh ive deleted files that i didnt mean to so had to start alll over again on other games....

Grogson

Treasure...dog!
when I played Minish Cap I accidentally closed down the game just as I was about to beat Vaati. The first part, at least. I was glad to see there was more to the fight because I'd been more annoyed if I had just been about to win.

Another time my laptop ran out of battery just as I was about to beat a flash game boss I'd had trouble with before.

And recently I played The Sims: Castaway stories where at one point you have to talk to a shaman. He has a hookah-like "bubble blower" so I thought I'd have my character try it and ask the shaman to join to start off on a friendly note before getting down to business. Trouble was that once he sat there blowing bubbles, he wouldn't stop. Days passed and he kept going; I tried speaking to him, calling for him, attempting to flirt, sleeping in his bed, making potions at his potion table, leaving and coming back, nothing. Eventually I downloaded a mod which gave me more options so I made the shaman naked hoping he'd have a reaction and leave the bubble blower, but he didn't care. Eventually I found a way to take control of his character and put an end to it. Or he'd be blowing bubbles to this day and I'd have no way to progress in the game.

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
ZD Champion
I wish I could go back in time, and slap younger me for buying Aliens: Colonial Marines.

It is the worst professionally made first person shooter in existence, it has awful graphics, even for the time, the AI is absolutely brain dead and broken, and the shooting mechanics are flummoxing, considering that your aiming reticle is off by a few pixels, causing your bullets to be off by several meters.

It is an awful game, it's bugged, garbage, and I can't believe I ever wasted my time and money on it, and I wish I could get my time back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom