• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game System Damage

I've never had a fiasco or anything with my gaming consoles that resulted in damage or the like, but I have seen my Majora's Mask cartridge get completely destroyed before my very eyes...by me! MUHAHAHAHAHAHA! No I'm kidding. I did disassemble it, but I didn't mean for it to completely be destroyed. I was a little kid, just wondering how the cartridge looked inside.

Fun fact: A series of durability tests on various last gen consoles showed that the Nintendo Gamecube was hardest to break, even after being dropped from heights and hit with a sledgehammer! The PS2 was destroyed and stopped working first. Xbox was second, but the GameCube endured all tests! :nod:

I've never had a fiasco or anything with my gaming consoles that resulted in damage or the like, but I have seen my Majora's Mask cartridge get completely destroyed before my very eyes...by me! MUHAHAHAHAHAHA! No I'm kidding. I did disassemble it, but I didn't mean for it to completely be destroyed. I was a little kid, just wondering how the cartridge looked inside.

Fun fact: A series of durability tests on various last gen consoles showed that the Nintendo Gamecube was hardest to break, even after being dropped from heights and hit with a sledgehammer! The PS2 was destroyed and stopped working first. Xbox was second, but the GameCube endured all tests! :nod:
Lol. Nintendo is a very durable company. It worked after being dropped from serious heights and hit with a sledge hamer. I don't think that would work with the wii or any other game systems. Re-make of gamecube, anyone? Back on topic. My new DSi has a scratch on its screen.

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer

Also, a series of durability tests confirmed that the DSiXL is more durable than the DS Lite or DSi. They dropped the three of 'em in water, took a sledgehammer to 'em, and the DSiXL survived and still worked after all the tests.
Also, a man in the military got his Gameboy burnt, but it continued to work! :lol:

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer
:lol: nice! Mai fwiend's Wii won't read any disks, so he sent it in. I'm not aware of whether or not he got it back yet, but i went over to his house and the Wii looked pretty banged up, like, the front of it. His reaction was pretty funny though... :lol:

bubblecrash

Oh no its back
my cat kept knocking down my gamecube from my dresser, one time the a/v cable broke inside the slot after he did that and i had to get a new one but it didn't work after that. wit tens my cousins had they hi the top of it one time for some reason and after that they had to hold down the cartridges with a block of wood.

None of my systems messed up. Even my SNES, (that turned yellow) still works.

Maybe you're SNES saw the capability of other gaming systems, and it peed itself.

When I was a kid, I accidentally broke my brothers SNES.
I was putting coins in it because it had slots, but by doing that, I broke it. :(

I remembered what I did. One day I was very little and the gamecube was maybe less than two years old. We had a gamecube and I broke it somehow. My neighbor and I were playin with NES or SNES controllers and thought we were really playing it.

N

NathanSalsa

I know, I didn't say it was messing up, I meant mine turned yellow, but still functions properly.

Only the early Super Nintendo systems do that, but can still function. :)

Well at least now you can have a cool yellow SNES ;)

Mikau94

Zora Warrior
I used to always buy systems used so I would often find a problem and it would get worse.

-I had a PSP phat and the analog stick stopped re-centering, I had to replace it 2 or 3 times before I sold it. (which was really quick)

-My DS lite's touch screen was re-calibrated wrong and I tried hundreds of times to recalibrate and nothing worked so I replaced it. While putting the system back together a piece that was soldered to the motherboard came off and it was to small to put back on. Luckily I turned around and sold it for $30 which was a loss of $50 but I took it on many vacations and beat tons of games on it.

-My wii had the laser malfunction that a lot of people are having. I replaced the laser for a few bucks and ot has worked ever since. (Lego PotC doesn't work actually)

-I have bought tons of cartridge based systems and fixed them over the years. I have turned around and sold quite a few and made a nice amount of money.

If you have any systems that don't work, pm me and I will try to help you.:)

Mikau94

Zora Warrior
My SNES was recently broken because the washer overflowed and flooded the basement. I am not very happy.

What did you do? Did you plug it in while it was wet? If you let it dry out and take it apart if you can, they will sometimes work. I have a mini SNES that has water damage. The guy who owned it, had his basement flooded and plugged it in immediately and destroyed the system. He also had 2 NESs and 20+ controllers and tons of random games that got soaked. He assumed that everything was broken because of the water and gave it to me. Everything works except the SNES.

Anyways, try the system out again, it might work

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom