• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild First half of 2016 or second?

Right, true. But close enough.
Not really. You need that big game on launch day. Something the WiiU didn't have and it hurt the console.
The GC had Luigi's Mansion and Wave Race as 1st party games. Both were console sellers and people also bought Rogue Squadron as their 2nd game. This proves all Nintendo needs is 1-2 good first party games on launch day and people will buy the console as well as a few 3rd party games. The Wii had Wii Sports, Wii Play, Twilight Princess as Nintendo made games at launch. Again this proves that 1-2 console selling games is all you need. Wii Sports demonstrated the Wii's sapabilities in a much more accessable way than NintendoLand did for the WiiU. I do hope the NX hardware demonstration game is a lot more accessable than Nintendo Land was. My accessible I mean easier to play, more fun, didn't need hardware not coming with the console to fully enjoy all of the game etc etc.

The WiiU only had NintendoLand and NSMBU. Even without Super Luigi U NSMBU is a good game, I finally picked it up on sale. But it's so not a console seller. That's the issue. There was a ton of 3rd party support for the WiiU on launch. If the people were buying a WiiU already they'd have picked up a 3rd party game also. That's a no brainer. It kind of goes like this.

See amazing Nintendo made game for console -> Buy said amazing game and the new console to play the game -> While at the checkout pick up some other 3rd party games too.

Without step 1 in the process nothing else can happen. Nintendo forgot this at the WiiU launch. There was so much great 3rd party support begging to be bought at the WiiU launch but Nintendo let them down as shown above. This hurt the Nintendo/3rd party relationships a bit. Lets hope Nintendo learn from their mistake and release a proper console selling game for the NX.

Nintendo needs to put on their game faces (pun intended) and get Zelda Wii U out for us. They have been stalling us with TPHD and TFH (which I'm not opposed to either, but it's clear what their purpose is) and we still know almost nothing about this new, console, 3D Zelda. It's a tease, frankly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom