• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

FirevsIce's GIMP Graphics

Firice da Vinci

Distinct lack of Leonardo
Well I've been using GIMP for awhile now, so I decided I might as well post my work somewhere. I'll take requests for signatures, avatars, desktop backgrounds, and YouTube backgrounds. Here's some of my best work.

Signatures
KITze.png

LeygF.png

hgDSN.png

tCanJ.png

Tmz2y.png

Sz16Q.png

Backgrounds

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/4356/wallpaper2az.png
http://img576.imageshack.us/img576/8440/wallpaper1copy.png

Last edited:

David

But you called me here...
rosalinasig1.png

My current sig made using a tutorial. I really like the outcome.

I'll take requests if you really want one. Just tell me what you want it to look like and I'll make the avatar/signature.

Which tutorial was this? I would like to give it a go. And, this one is by far your best. You're getting good at the photoshops (I know you use GIMP, lol). Well done!

Ghosi

Schmetterling
These look really good! How did you achieve the lightning effect in the Amaterasu siggy? Any tips you might have for learners?

Firice da Vinci

These look really good! How did you achieve the lightning effect in the Amaterasu siggy? Any tips you might have for learners?
Which one? I have glowing text, glowing swirls, a white to transparent gradient, and sun. As for the tips I would suggest finding tutorials to make signatures until you find a style that suits you.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
That is what I liked in Gimp. The sun tool to make it look like the sun is shining. In PS we do have light effects and lens flare but I always liked the sun tool in Gimp more

S

Sage

Hi, I'm not looking for something fancy, but could you crop Link out of this picture and resize him to 100X100? Add a little effects like in my sig if you wanna. Thanks!

Firice da Vinci

Ghosi

Schmetterling
Which one? I have glowing text, glowing swirls, a white to transparent gradient, and sun. As for the tips I would suggest finding tutorials to make signatures until you find a style that suits you.
I was mostly amazed by the glowing swirls and the sun. I have tried glowing effects, but haven't gotten a hang of them yet.

That's some excellent work you've got there. I don't like to admit it but this work is much better than any of my works, thanks for posting one of the tutorials you used, it helps me improve my rather rusty skills. :P Do you happen to have any more good tutorials that I could use?

Firice da Vinci

@Ghosi
For the swirls you can use a brush on a new, transparent layer and (in my case a splatter) duplicate it. Then, on the original layer you go to Filters> Blur> Gaussian Blur. Change the settings to your liking and you'll have a glow. As for the sun go to Filters> Light and Shadow> Supernova. You can change the color and position it to you liking.

@Durion
I would suggest checking out this thread for some tutorial sites and some made by our own ZD forumers.

Firice da Vinci

I made made three more signatures with the Timeshift Render Tutorial. I had three 3D renders that I never used due to the tutorials I used failed with them, but even with this one they were still flawed.
peachsig1.png

I had to cut out the render myself (can't understand planetrenders downloading) and I should not have used pink lines.

metaknightsig1.png

Meta Knight turned out decently well, but I messed up on the text box and I couldn't fit his name in there.

zeldasig1.png

Actually, this is my first Zelda related sig since the third one I ever made. The left side of this one was way too bright.
Overall I'm going to stick with Rosalina.

Ghosi

Schmetterling
@Ghosi
For the swirls you can use a brush on a new, transparent layer and (in my case a splatter) duplicate it. Then, on the original layer you go to Filters> Blur> Gaussian Blur. Change the settings to your liking and you'll have a glow. As for the sun go to Filters> Light and Shadow> Supernova. You can change the color and position it to you liking.=QUOTE]

Oh thank you! I will definitely try it out. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom