• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite Travel Games

Blackkirby

Proud Jesus Freak !
So What is your guys favorite travel game to play while you are traveling?
Mine happens to be the ABC game were you have to find a word that starts with each letter of the alphabet on different road signs.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
License plate game! Try and find a license plate and treat it as an anagram, try and make words out of it. That was the only one I used to do when I was younger. Now it's sit silently and tap away on my phone, much more fun!

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
I enjoy playing "how much of this boring-*** trip can I stay asleep for."

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
The how long can you sleep game. That's my most fav game on the road except when I drive

Please never play that game when you drive :P

When I'm not driving I'll usually just browse the Internet on my phone and play my 3DS. It can be a little hard to see the screen on a bright day though so that can be a little annoying, especially since the battery life of the 3DS (and iPhone) is already rather limited before you increase the screen brightness. They often won't last a whole trip if I'm going far away.

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
Back when I was little, I used to love playing "I Spy".

When I was a bit bigger than little, I really got into that word link game—especially when it was themed with something.

Now that I'm a lot bigger, I'm simply content playing the "I don't want to speak to anyone" game and drown the world out with music.

When I was a young pup I would enjoy playing "I spy" with my family, the game is a little flawed whilst traveling down a highway at great speeds.
Present day Wolf has it hard, the majority of the time I'm always the driver, rarely am I a passenger. I try to play my 3DS as a passenger but I find this too difficult in a moving vehicle, as the duration of the journey consists of bumps, braking, accelerating and turning.
I will confess that I've actually preferred to sit back and watch what's going on outside the car rather than play a game to pass the time.

Akuhime-sama

What's Life Without Adult Humor?
I personally like the name game. Where you name a famous person or character (real or fictional) and the first letter of their LAST name, becomes the first letter of the next person's FIRST name.
Like for instance: Micheal Jordan ---> Jack Black --->Bill Cosby ---> Captain Planet ---> Paul Bunyan --->etc etc...
But Double Initials swing it back around to the previous person. (it goes in a circle around the car to who says a name next) Like, if person C was after Person B, and after Person B gave person C a Bname, Person C says something like "Bugs Bunny" and The order would reverse. -going back to Person B. -person B would have to give a "B" name because 'Bugs Bunny' is a double B name.

So What is your guys favorite travel game to play while you are traveling?
Mine happens to be the ABC game were you have to find a word that starts with each letter of the alphabet on different road signs.
I got tired of that game years ago.... WAY TOO MUCH

Last edited:

octorok74

TETTAC
License plate game. See how many plates from different states you can find. With three younger brothers it is hard cause you don't want them getting any plates, so you are constantly calling out the same states over and over to deny them different states. It's fun.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
When I was little, we'd play the alphabet game and I spy a lot. Since our drive to Vancouver was 5 1/2 hours though, most of the time was spent sleeping. Nowadays, we have a general rule of thumb that the driver is in charge of music. So when I'm driving, I play the "how much can I annoy the passengers with music that they hate game". As the passenger, though, I pretty much just sleep the whole way.

Princess Niki

Allons-y
Staff member
I would play the ABC game and slug bug with my friends.

On Girl Scout trips that required using the ferry we would play Red Light, Green Light while crossing the sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom