• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite Starter Type?

Conor

the over analysing guy
I have no particular favourite, I suppose my first pokemon, now a lvl 100 venasaur will always be dear to me :P

No matter what, I always start with a fire type. Fire types were my number 1 speciality before I started using Psychic types. In actual fact, I still have a passion for fire types, I still have my Typhlosion lv 100 from Pokemon Colosseum which still kicks butt. ;)

PK Love Omega

PK Flash's Good Twin
It depends. For example, I can't choose with Generation 1 as all of them are epic, in Gen 2, I chose Typhloshin, In Gen 3 I couldn't choose because Blaziken, Sceptile and Swampert are all epic, I chose Turtwig in Gen 4 and kept it at a Grotle, luckily it was female, bred it with another pokemon, made lots of Turtwig off-springs and traded them for Piplup and Chimchar. As for Gen 5, I got an Oshawott. I loved it dearly, but I got a Servine by the time I was in Castelia City. The reason I decided to get Servine later is because Servine would be perfect for competitive battling, especially with the epic Contrary ability, high speed, EV's and Leaf Storm. (Boosts SP Atk, doesn't lower :D) it could kick some serious butt. Oshawott stayed and now I am in the fourth gym. I tend to do Grass Types, or fire types, sometimes water type starters.

Meego

~Dancer in the Dark~
Grass. Every game I have played I have started with the grass type, just because I had preferred them but now I usually just go with them. I like the grass type moves and the way most of the types look. I was never too keen on Treecko so I went with others that time. But in Pokemon White, Snivy was just the most awesome anyway.

Fire. The fire pokemon have always been my favorite, but lately (pokemon Black and White to be exact) I've chosen water..

I've always chosen the water types for my starters and the first playthrough jus because water pokemon r my favorite types

I don't favor any of the three types in a starter any more than the other, really. Grass is my favorite of the three types on its own, but regarding the starters I've often liked the other starters more than the Grass ones.

In Gen 1 I had no preference. In Gen 2 I liked all of them except Chikorita, so Grass was a no-go there. In Gen 3 I loved all of them, and Treecko was my favorite. In Gen 4 they were all pretty darn good but nothing beats Piplup. And in Gen 5, they're also all great, but nothing beats Snivy.

So statistically I seem to favor the Grass ones slightly more (Treecko and Snivy... although that's somewhat offset by me hating Chikorita), but when I choose one it has nothing to do with the type but rather their appearance and style.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom