• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite console of each generation

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
Out of the generations of consoles you've played,do you think you can make a list of your favorite from each one?
for example
4th - Super Nintendo
5th - Playstation
6th - Playstation 2

you get the idea

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
5th - Playstation
6th - Playstation 2
7th - Playstation 3
8th - Xbox One

I always feel like, especially in recent times, I prefer either Sony or Microsoft's console, and Nintendo's isn't in the running since I pick it up pretty much no matter what. So last generation I had a Wii and a PS3, and now I've got a Wii U and XB1. Nintendo always seems like the additional choice, rather than the alternative choice for me.

Dan

2 - Atari 2600 - Only console I own from that generation
3 - Sega Master System - Had way more exposure to this system and it's games. Plus the sonic games are quite fun on it.
4 - Sega Megadrive/Genises - Sonic, Streets of Rage, Gunstar heroes, Taz-mania, Toejam and Earl, Bonzer bros etc etc etc
5 - Playstation 1 - Crash, Spyro, Croc, Tomb raider etc etc etc etc
6 - Playstation 2 - Huge library of awesome
7 - Playstation 3 - At this point most of the systems seemed the same, except Wii, but PS3 has more exclusives I enjoy
8 - Wii U - Only because I've yet to own a PS4 or Xbox one

CynicalSquid

Swag Master General
PC MASTER ACE FOR ALL THE GENERATIONS!!!!!!

For real though

3 - NES
4 - SNES
5 - N64 (Even though this system was awful it has some good games and nostalgia)
6 - Gamecube
7 - Xbox 360
8 - Nintendo 3DS

Last edited:

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
5. Playstation - My first ever home console and it had so many great games, and it may seem controversial, but I think it easily beats the N64

6. Playstation 2 - This is the best console of any generation never mind this one. My library for the PS2 was around the 100 mark and so many of those games were memorable. Probably the only console where I actually bought a ton of games for.

7. Playstation 3 - Easy. The 360 had all my friends on and it was much better for online (party chat etc.) though that was it really. Sony destroyed or it and the Wii in terms of exclusives. Uncharted 1, 2 & 3, Killzone 2&3, Resistance 1&2, Littlebigplanet 1&2, MAG, Heavy Rain, Infamous etc. Such a great console.

8. Haven't played the other consoles and my experience with the Wii U wasn't the best, but honestly the Xbone and PS4 just don't have any real good games whereas the Wii U has at least a handful. We'll see what happens at E3.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
NES
SNES
N64
PS2
Xbox 360
Wii U (even though I enjoy my ps4 more I think the wii u is at the moment the better console)

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
8. Haven't played the other consoles and my experience with the Wii U wasn't the best, but honestly the Xbone and PS4 just don't have any real good games whereas the Wii U has at least a handful. We'll see what happens at E3.

There are a few good ones for the Xbox One right now. Halo Collection, Sunset Overdrive, Watch Dogs and Wolfenstein, but I think you can get two of those on lesser and older consoles. 2015 looks to be a good year for the Xbox One. Witcher 3, Deus Ex, FF15, Star Wars Battlefront, Halo 5. There will probably be new goods unveiled at E3 too.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
There are a few good ones for the Xbox One right now. Halo Collection, Sunset Overdrive, Watch Dogs and Wolfenstein, but I think you can get two of those on lesser and older consoles. 2015 looks to be a good year for the Xbox One. Witcher 3, Deus Ex, FF15, Star Wars Battlefront, Halo 5. There will probably be new goods unveiled at E3 too.
Meh, Halo is just a remaster (never been a fan anyway). Sunset Overdrive looks okay I guess, nothing amazing though and the other two consoles are multiplat. Nothing really strikes me as being a must buy.

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
3 - NES (only one I played)
4 - SNES (only one I played)
5 - N64 (enjoyed the PS1, but N64 had the titles I loved the most)
6 - X-box (never owned the PS2 or the GC, though I played GC games on the wii later)
7 - X-box 360 (though since getting the PS3 last year I've gotten very fond of it - however, there are more games I love on the 360)
8 - Wii U (only one I've played so far, but yet not interested in getting the others)

D

Deleted member 14134

Snes
N64 (I mean cmon, what else was it going to be)
Tie between gamecube and ps2
Ps3
Ps4

selicyc

i never knew daylight could be so violent.
a mystery inside of an enigma wrapped in a soft fuzzy blanket of I don't even know what
3rd Gen: NES
4th Gen: Genesis
5th Gen: PlayStation
6th Gen: Dreamcast (This gen was really hard to pick from because it was just sooo gooood. Lots of great games out of this era and easily my favourite of them all).
7th Gen: PlayStation 3 (Even if I didn't have one, I know a good gaming system when I see it).

I don't have enough material (read as: games and money) to base any judgements on the current generation thus far, but I'd probably give the slightest edge to the Wii U, as it has the most going for it right now. The other two consoles have yet to give me anything of value.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom