• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite Books

yann

TheBitterDubstepMan
My favorite book would have to be The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime. Long title, I know, but it was a very entertaining read.
Some kid tries to find out who killed his neighbor's dog. He finds out who did in the middle of the book and also finds out what happened to one of his family members. A bunch of twists in the book. I would recommend it.

I've heard of that book!
Isn't the child in that book autistic, so he has difficulty understanding the emotion of others?

Hazel

A Frog
My favourite is one of the series of the WHEEL OF TIME, by Robert JORDAN. I would totally recommend it.

My favorite book would have to be The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Nighttime. Long title, I know, but it was a very entertaining read.
Some kid tries to find out who killed his neighbor's dog. He finds out who did in the middle of the book and also finds out what happened to one of his family members. A bunch of twists in the book. I would recommend it.

I've read that book. The kid is a little... off in the head and that's the whole point of the book. It's really good, though. I would recommend it too.

Nye Pendragon

derparific
First up... SERIES:

The Overlander Chronicals by Suzanne Collins
(oh my gosh, the characters and plot and everything about this series amazes me. *3* It's a little dark for my tastes, but I love the series to death.)

The Harry Potter Series by J.K Rowling
(Do I need to explain this?)

Redwall (series) by Brian Jaques
(Eeeee it's so cute and I love the writing style.)

Now singular books...

Fairest by Gail Carson Levine
(Lovely story that's really unique to the fairytale style it comes from.)

The Neverending Story by Michael Ende
(I could rant for hours as to why I love this book so much, but I will spare you.)

And since they count as 'books' here are my favorite mangas!

Bleach by Tite Kubo
Emma by Kaoru Mori
Yotsuba&! by Kiyohiko Azuma
The Legend of Zelda (all series) by Akira Himakawa(sp? I cannot remember how to spell the last name.)
Card Captor Sakura by CLAMP
Tsubasa Resovior(sp?) Chronicals by CLAMP
Ouran Highschool Host Club by (OH MY GOSH I FORGET AUUUUGH)

Zelda's_Child

~Insert Epicness Here~
My favourite books are:

The Day After Forever
Amazing book. Written by a fourteen year old, but probably inapropriate for kids that can't handle mature content.

Dragon Rider - Cornelia Funke
I don't know why. I just love it. ;)

Diary of a Would-be Princess
The main character in this book is in grade 5, and goes through alot of the stuff I went through. ;)

Diary of a Wimpy Kid - Jeff Kinney
What's not to like about this book? ;) I love all the books, and the movie, and I'm totally hyped for the 5th book!! ^^

Dear Dumb Diary (Series)
This series is funny, and inventive. Really good read! ^^

So yeah, that's me... ;)

penguinboy82

Nature's troll
Zelway, sorry to break it to you, but you TOTALLY just bumped this thread. I kinda figured that you're trying your best to be an active member and all, but if a topic hasn't been discussed for over a month, don't post on it.

Elvenknight

HyrulianBlackcat
My favorite book series is either Dragon Prince or Dragon Star, both fantasy by Melanie Rawn. Don't ask me to describe them; they are too long and complex for that. Favorite magna is Black Cat. That's about an ex-assassin turned bounty-hunter. Good books.

Call of the Wild and All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten. The first one is a fantastic novel, the second one is a mishmosh of all sorts of things, which makes it almost indescribable-short stories, words of wisdom, advice, thinking out loud, there's just so much in there that it's hard to describe.

Of the two, Call of the Wild is my favorite, but I love them both.

I

ice cream

My favorite book -at the moment- is Forevermore by Cathy Marie Hake

R

Relindra

Drylor The First Artifact by Ryan Tomasella. It is a fairly new fantasy book but sooooooo good. Here is what it is about (taken from amazon)

When a man wakes up inside a cage that is being carried through an underground city, he has no idea where he is or what has happened to him. As Von, a victim of amnesia, is taken to a jail cell to await his fate amongst elves, humans, dwarfs, gnomes, and halflings, he is told he is a member of the Royal Guard of Genisus. It is not long before he is transported to the palace where he meets an impatient king who eventually returns him to his jail cell while deciding his destiny. As Von's memory slowly returns, he discovers that he is the only one who can protect Drylor-a world that abandoned him-from its greatest evil, his own brother. Through his journey to the truth, Von meets an unlikely group of friends who are willing to sacrifice everything to help him stop his brother Scarlet from annihilating the only world they have ever known. As Von's past becomes clear and reveals his future, he soon realizes the only way he can end his brother's heartless massacres is to find him and kill him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom