• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Favorite Animes

Kylo Ken

I will finish what Spyro started
Well, I'm REALLY starting to get into anime, but I don't really know how to find good ones. Some of my favorites so far are Clannad: After Story and Rosario + Vampire (Despite it's obvious inappropriateness, I find it funny). So I just thought I'd ask, what are YOUR favorites? And how 'bout some recommendations for me?

My favorite anime is also Clannad, if you like Clannad I recomend Kanon and Angel Beats both made by the same people, I also recomend starting an anime list on myanimelist.net. To see my anime list and check what I rate them to know what I'd recomend go here yesumes's Anime List - MyAnimeList.net

Some of my favorite animes that are not related to Clannad are, Code Geass, and if you like watch Death Note or if you like Death Note watch Code GEass, they are very simular, I also like MM, B Gata H Kei, Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai, and Seitokai no Ichizon.

I'd say that my top favorite animes at the moment have to be

InuYasha - ...Kagome is a normal girl with a normal life. But her house is a thousand year old temple with a dark legend surrounding it. Supposedly, the temple keeps some demon imprisoned so it cannot hurt anyone. However, Kagome does not believe this fairy tale. Suddenly, Kagome is sucked into a well where she ends up in an ancient world of demons. Turns out that Kagome is related to Kikuyo, a young girl who used a talisman known as the Shikon No Tama to seal off a powerful half-demon named Inu-Yasha. Now, Kagome is chased down by some demon who wants the Shikon No Tama. To save herself, she unleashes Inu-Yasha, but realizes that that was not a very good idea.

and

Yu Yu Hakusho - Urameshi Yusuke, 14 years of age, is about as troublesome and violent as teenagers come. He is constantly ditching school, causing trouble, and getting into numerous fights everyday. One day however, he does the unexpected, sacrificing himself to save a young child. Such an action, was never ever expected, especially coming from someone as troublesome as Urameshi Yusuke. The afterlife is not prepared for Yusuke, as they never thought he would make such a sacrifice. Nowhere to go, and dead, Yusuke becomes a ghost and must earn his way back into existence.

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
This may be a stupid question but did you watch Clannad before After Story?

Try:

Vampire Knight
Vampire Knight: Guilty
Romeo X Juliet
Black Lagoon
.hack//SIGN
.hack//LEGEND OF THE TWILIGHT (AKA .hack//DUSK)
.hack//ROOTS
Elfen Lied
Angel Beats
Full Metal Panic!
Full Metal Panic!? Fumoffu
Full Metal Panic TSR
Konjiki no Gash Bell
MÄR: Märchen Awakens Romance
Tokyo Underground
Princess Lover
ToraDora!

...I'm gonna stop here. I could go on for ages if I'm not careful. :)

Last edited:
L

Lady Asylum

Favorite anime:
Hellsing Ultimate
Puella Magi Madoka Magica
Noein

Fair warning: Hellsing Ultimate is a gorefest vampire anime, so you might wanna avoid it if you're squeamish. If you do watch it, the English dub is recommended.

Noein revolves around quantum physics and alternate realities, but it's not hard to understand. I recommend English subs for this one.

Puella Magi Madoka Magica may seem like a typical magical girl anime, but there's more to it than meets the eye. Either way for sub/dub version.

Violet Link

takumi was a mistake and so are the S supports
My favorite animes are Sword Art Online, .//hack series, Hyouka and Black Cat. I recommend watching either Hyouka or Black Cat as a good start, then watching Sword Art Online and .//hack series as the finale.

Draymorath

Destroyer of Destruction
If you like comedy and don't mind it being dirty (seeing as how you watch Rosario + Vampire, I assume you do, though personally I think this one is waaaay better than Rosario + Vampire) than Baka and Test is definitely for you. It is extremely hilarious and filled with randomness (and nosebleeds).

Another is Naruto/Naruto Shippuden, though you may very well have seen it seeing as how it's very popular in the anime world. Then again, maybe Shonen isn't for you.

A great, but agonizingly short one is Angel Beats. It's made by the same people as Clannad, and has a healthy mix of emotion, action, romance, and comedy. The characters and storyline are both great, though one of the show's weak points is the lack of depth for many of the minor characters. If you're watching it right, you will certainly care about the characters.

Gurren Lagann is a must-watch. Everything about it continually grows larger and more epic.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Ehm, the plural of anime is still "anime".

My favorite anime are currently:
25ReS

Straight from my anime list.

Clannad is my favorite anime I hope you've seen both and not just the second season but anyways, Clannad is made by a company called key, which makes 4 other animes, 2 of them are almost as good as clannad and one of them I have no finished or watched in a long time because it's ongoing. I recomend Kanon it is the anime most like Clannad, and Angel Beats which is emotional like Clannad, but it takes place in the afterlife. Little Busters is ongoing and I've only seen a few episode, waiting for it to finish before I finish it but it looks good.

My second favorite anime though is Code Geass, it starts out kinda boring in episode one, but it is amazing, try and watch three episodes you will definetly finish it within the week. The English voice actor for the main character in Code Geass is a guy named Johnny Yong Bosch, he appears in quite a few well known and pretty good anime, so if you find something with him in it, you might wanna check it out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom