• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Father Christmas or Santa??

Which?

• Santa Claus

Votes: 9 75.0%
  • Father Christmas

Votes: 1 8.3%
  • Other

Votes: 2 16.7%

• Total voters

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
My sister in laws tryna teach my nephew Father Christmas but he keeps getting corrected by others to Santa Claus so which is it for you guys?? My first poll yall i hope it works??

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
ZD Champion
Since Santa's based on Odin...

Yule, Odin & Santa Claus

But, Sinterklaas, St. Nicholas, Santa Claus, Father Christmas, All-Father, or whatever, it's all correct.

Fun fact, Santa has eight reindeer: Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donder, and Blitzen, representing the eight legs of Odin's flying horse, Sleipnir.

Another fun fact, a lot of our Western traditions of Christmas come from some Old Norse Yule traditions, and one of Odin's other names, of his long list of names is the Yule-Father, or, if you like, Father Christmas.

Aren't traditions fun?

:)

Last edited:

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
For me I have always grown up knowing both of those names along with a few others but Santa is the most common name for him here and the one I use when referring to him.

They turned into some kind of twisted Holiday where you look foward to getting Christmass XXX or junk in a box. That being said the whole "War on Christmas" is so terrible. Why not a war on Hanukkah? Also the real Saint( Blessed-fool ) Knick is based on a silly man who would drop bars of gold down peoples Chimneys. It is a terrible Holiday when you realize the amount of silliness. "Star Wars" Christmas is apparently Cannon. If we could eliminate all the reds, and bann usage of anything Christmas it would be for the better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom