• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Fantasy role play. (SU)

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
So many last participants, eh? :P
Here's the empty app Mal asked for:

Name:
Class:
Personality:
Story:

And here's mine:

Name: Dean Edwards
Race: Tiefling (because screw it let's go full D&D)
Class: Rogue
Weapon of choice: Knives and his own charisma
Personality: Very cheerful and friendly outwardly, but he's very distrusting of others, and often uses other people to his own benefit. He has nobody he'd call a true friend - just, as Aristotle would call them, friends of utility. People who are useful to him. His own needs come first before those of others. It's a lonely life he leads, and sometimes he feels it hit hard, but he hasn't changed his ways yet.
Story: Dean grew up a poor orphan, whose parents had been killed by fearful peasants when he was maybe 5. He grew up on the streets, getting into a life of crime to survive. He made a few friends, but he could barely feed himself, and they couldn't even do that, so they never stayed around long. By the time he was 13, Dean decided that it wasn't worth the heartache to have people close to you, so he just started to shut himself down emotionally when it came to other people. Over time, with a lot of effort, he stopped even thinking about things like friendship and love, instead seeing people for their qualities, weaknesses, and uses. A man with an eye for stuff like that can go a long way, especially with the right group of people.

Misty

Ronin
Name: Aerdrie of Irithyl
Race: Half Wood Elf with a clear (at least to other elves) Half Drow.

Appearance:
blond_by_avvart-d9failb.jpg
Class: Ranger/Fighter
Weapon of choice: twin daggers are used for close self defense, but her preference is the Elven Longbow.
Personality: Controlled, direct in a way that suggests lack of regular interaction with others, decidedly not a rule obeyer, inclined towards helping others if she's convinced it is the right thing to do, cold and unempathetic to pain from others, seemingly streetwise and given to dry or sarcastic comments.

Story: Aerdrie is the First Daughter of the First Daughter of one of the smaller, but relatively important given their status as the spies, assassins and scouts of court noble houses of the elves. Her mother made the mistake at a young age of falling in love with the drow commander she had been set upon watching and eventually striking down when the time was right. He ended up dead in the turf wars without her help, but she returned having shamed their entire house for her failure and upon Aerdrie's birth, the Lord of the house, her father. A bastard child is a shame, but with a dark elf...unforgivable. He made the obvious decision to hide the shame by spreading rumors that her mother had taken pity on a baby born of the rape and pillage normal to wars and taken her as her own. Still, people would whisper and while Aerdrie would be ignored, abused, and often bullied, she did live in the lap of luxury her family seeing to it that anyone who made pejorative comments about her or implying she was not adopted was never seen or head from again. Still, growing up the gaping, sore thumb and with an absent mother who showed little love or interest and a grand father eager to abuse or ignore did have consequences despite the wealth. At first, she tried to please, the picture of the perfect grand daughter, gifted and skilled at all things from untold hours of work late into the night. From archery to dancing and sewing she worked tirelessly hoping in vain for a sign of approval from her own blood. Around the age of physical maturity, she soured considerably upon the realization she'd never be wanted and set upon becoming an even worse disappointment. She consorted with the wrong sorts, broke every law she could, offended every noble she encountered, and generally lived outside her family's estate. To the chagrin of her house, they could do nothing firm about it, after all, she was also the rising star of her class and likely to have her choice of positions within any noble house. Upon her 40th year of life, she took up the honor of scouting parties which roamed the elven lands far and wide dealing with the threats they could and warning the militia about the ones they could not. She rose easily in this position to second in command of their scouting regiment. She left this position behind upon witnessing the politically motivated slaughters of many innocent towns, nomadic clans, and other manner of creature that happened to enter the woods and valleys without warrant taking on instead the uncontested position nicknamed “the lone hawk” which allowed her carte blanche on roaming so long as she sent back regular reports via one of her two trained birds, an owl and a hawk. With that, she settled into a pleasant rhythm of wandering and dealing with threats and not other elves thinking themselves better.

(I would imagine she wouldn't join right away, more like the sort to join on a skirmish and then stick around because of common goals but whatever works.)

Alita the Pun

Dmitri
Alright cool! Looks like we got:

Pendio: Ariqitsu
Dizzi: Mogget
RemnantRassilon: waiting...
DekuNut: Dean Edwards
Misty: Aerdrie of Irithyl
Kristofer Cain: Barsolas "Sol" Terrian
And me: Nevermore/Kiera

I think we will start tomorrow or today seeing as how it's 1:00 AM here :p. I can't wait!!!

G

Guest-3

Kk, can ya put the name of the thread up in here to make it easier?

pyjamas5189

Secretly a cat
Never done this before so bare with me guys while I pick it up but here's my character
Name: Khana
Race: human
Class: mage (mostly healing but some elemental)
Weapon of choice: staff
Description: 5ft quite slim, long curly dark brown hair and green eyes. Wears black leggings like trousers (dont know any other name) brown knee high boots and a loose brown t shirt.
Personality: quite shy not good at combat so tends to stay out of the way and heals any wounds after the fact but also really wants to help make a difference in the war.
Story: Raised on a farm not really aware of her magical abilities until about a year ago so not good with her magic just yet. After her father dies in the war she decides to sign up and use her magic to defend the people.

pyjamas5189

Secretly a cat
Sorry Deku I got a bit overexcited last night but everyone is at an inn at the moment so perfect time to join us

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom