• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread DW's Very Creatively Titled Mafia

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Yeah, figured the tinfoil theory was unlikely but thought it'd be funny if it were the case.

uh darth was like
nexus, ascetic, and gladiator

so very different kit
but I'd be skeptical of mafia having 2 JOATs
unless all of it is JOATs

Like Jamie said, his original claim seemed a bit inline with what KJ flipped. So that's interesting with the walk back and clarification later on. Definitely something worth considering, maybe Darth had a scummier sounding role so stole some of his scumbud's role to claim. And it goes along with feeling like his walk back was coached.

I do think with this flip that my theory of all neighbours being purposeful could be true. We’ve had a Cop + Miller duo flip and then a Vigi + Mafia. That’s one hell of a coincidence.

OGSniper

Sharpshooter for Hire
ZD Legend
Fingers were pointed, with varying levels of confidence. Two main suspects emerged by the end of the day: ExLight and Killjoy.

The people were split on who seemed more guilty. There was a mix of yelling, arguing, and surprisingly civil deliberation, until Storm stepped forward, a sledgehammer in hand, and swung it at Killjoy.

Killjoy collapsed on the spot, dead. A gun fell from one of his well-hidden pockets. One person approached, examining the pistol.

After a moment, they reached a conclusion: there was no way this pistol had been obtained legally. Killjoy must've been involved in
something illegal. They were guilty.

...and yet, the people as they returned to their homes that night, didn't quite feel confident they'd solved everything.

Killjoy262 (6) - ExLight, HangryHangryHippo, Minish, JamieIsBored, Mint Elv, Storm
ExLight (3) - Ragnarokio, lain, OGSniper
lain (1) - DarthCreeper10
Not voting (1) - Killjoy

Killjoy262 has died. He was the mafia-aligned Jack-of-all-Trades.

1711654016978-png.74264

Hi there Killjoy262, and welcome to DW’s Very Creatively Titled Mafia. In this game, you will have the very creatively titled role of Jack-of-all-Trades. As a jack-of-all-trades, you may use each of the following abilities once during the game, and only one ability per night:

-Bus Driver: Target two players, all actions targeting either will be redirected onto the other. You may not self-target.

-Reflector: All actions which would target you will be redirected and instead target the user

-Redirector: Target two players; any night actions the first attempts to use will be used instead on the other

-Magnet: Target another player; all actions targeting them will be used instead on you.

You are neighbors with [redacted], meaning you share a private chat where you may discuss the games occurrences.

You are aligned with Mafia and win when the number of Mafia aligned players exceeds the number of town players and no other threats remain.

It is now Night 2. Night 2 will end at 4 PM CDT on April 5.

Say less bois! Mafia killed D2! Things are looking up.

Yes, I am.
why? how i see it, they could easily be either.
there isnt really any evidence ex is a miller afaik, and i feel like most of their energy has been devoted to saving themselves rather than solving.

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
why? how i see it, they could easily be either.
there isnt really any evidence ex is a miller afaik, and i feel like most of their energy has been devoted to saving themselves rather than solving.
Well, I can't solve the game anymore if I'm dead, so there's some priority to making sure people don't mislynch me first, yea
And people would probably say I'm trying too hard so solve out of desperation if I focusing on solving first, because, y'know, people like their confirmation bias.

I've given a few reads, even if not being loud about it. I can always bring them back on.
Me thinking Minish was the kill target means I townread her; I voted Killjoy for pressure and remained on him after being bothered by him throwing shade at Storm, who I'm clearly townreading; I'm townleaning Darth because he seemed genuinely lost.
I also have a small scumlean on HHH due to his D1 vote and inquired him about it.

D2 gave us a plateful though, I like votals like it went.
RN I'm thinking about whether mafia bussed Killjoy or not, because his role seems very powerful to just casually throw him under it. The only reason I can think for it is because his neighbor (KoD) was already dead, but it doesn't seem to be enough and maybe inactivity?

I have confidence that he is town, he jumped to Killjoy very early when he could easily have gone elsewhere and moved across later to bus (Darth was a prime opportunity), his early game was very solvey and the only reason he’s had to defend himself is because of the size of the wagon on him. Compare his defence to say Darth’s when Darth had no votes, his defence isn’t even that extreme.

hm. i still think it made complete sense to vote ex d2 but i guess i need to think about this more.

Wagons (will likely be more useful after the night flip, but easier to copy paste this way):

KingofDominaria (3) - ExLight, Minish, HangryHangryHippo
HangryHangryHippo (2) - Ragnarokio, Storm
JamieIsBored (1) - KingofDominaria
Not Voting (6) - DarthCreeper10, JamieIsBored, Killjoy, Mint Elv, OGSniper, Iain

Killjoy262 (6) - ExLight, HangryHangryHippo, Minish, JamieIsBored, Mint Elv, Storm
ExLight (3) - Ragnarokio, lain, OGSniper
lain (1) - DarthCreeper10
Not voting (1) - Killjoy

Not much to work with just yet. Ex, Min and HHH have all voted together every round. Killjoy never voting for anyone is annoying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom