• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread DW's Very Creatively Titled Mafia

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
Well if youre a miller, then dont you want to die to win?
You might be thinking of Jester
Miller is the modifier that makes me appear as mafia when copped, it's the counterpart of godfather

Do you guys not do miller D1 here?

Very stereotypical miller from Ex (Loud Compulsive Visitor Miller?). Similar to my own role and the flipped KoD slot. I’d trust Ex here honestly, he can always prove himself next night phase.
ZD usually lynches miller claims but to be fair only Minish is native from ZD.

I sometimes claim the miller and sometimes I don't, depends on how daring I'm feeling.

I'm not compulsive, I can choose when to use my Loud Visitor.

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
I just noticed we're playing a 12p, not a 13p

this is interesting and I think doubles down on the everyone might have a neighborhood theory

makes me wonder if we even have an indept, 2 players mafia, or a slightly stronger town

Mint Elv

Fish!
ZD usually lynches miller claims but to be fair only Minish is native from ZD.
Wait most of the players here aren’t ZD native?
I just noticed we're playing a 12p, not a 13p

this is interesting and I think doubles down on the everyone might have a neighborhood theory

makes me wonder if we even have an indept, 2 players mafia, or a slightly stronger town
Could be three mafia have neighbors with town then.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
No miller doesn’t come out immediately day 1 here.

@Morbid Minish Does Light trying to visit you seem plausible.

Yeah definitely possible. But if he did his action would have failed like he said. Which is possibly also the reason there was no kill last night though I can't know that for sure. But if mafia targeted me then ya I know the reason for no kill. Lol.

In an everybody is a neighbor scenario town is innately stronger as those neighbors can easily become masons through either mechanical clears or the game winding down. Mafia is also disadvantaged if they can't simply shut down information being revealed with a well placed kill. I think it's best to operate under a 3 maf expectation and 3 neighborhoods compromised. I hope storm had the presence of mind to check his own house first.

I am going to hot take being fine eliminating Ex as ultimate clear for the slot. Getting popped by the cop and then claiming miller is a hell of a coincidence. But also claiming a failed ability on the night with no kill compounds on that. There's going to be a lot of unresolvable questioning looming over Ex heading towards endgame. So I think before mylo/LyLo the slot needs final resolution.

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
Well im ex's neighbor, so i already have a target on my back by everyone so...

Mint Elv

Fish!
With everyone having a neighbor I’m wondering if it’s best for everyone to claim their neighbors. This way if anything happens to roles we can know who would have info that town majority doesn’t have.

OGSniper

Sharpshooter for Hire
ZD Legend
(So just for your guys information, I will prolly never be active an hour before, during, and prolly one or two hours after phase change. I have Track & Field practice and phase change happens for me at 5 PM, right in the middle of practice for me. Just a heads up.)
I also have a loud visitor but I tried using it on Minish last night and it failed
What does Loud Visitor do?
Wait most of the players here aren’t ZD native?
I'm a ZD native. :D
In an everybody is a neighbor scenario town is innately stronger as those neighbors can easily become masons through either mechanical clears or the game winding down. Mafia is also disadvantaged if they can't simply shut down information being revealed with a well placed kill. I think it's best to operate under a 3 maf expectation and 3 neighborhoods compromised. I hope storm had the presence of mind to check his own house first.

I am going to hot take being fine eliminating Ex as ultimate clear for the slot. Getting popped by the cop and then claiming miller is a hell of a coincidence. But also claiming a failed ability on the night with no kill compounds on that. There's going to be a lot of unresolvable questioning looming over Ex heading towards endgame. So I think before mylo/LyLo the slot needs final resolution.
Masons? Slot? What do you mean by those?

OGSniper

Sharpshooter for Hire
ZD Legend
With everyone having a neighbor I’m wondering if it’s best for everyone to claim their neighbors. This way if anything happens to roles we can know who would have info that town majority doesn’t have.
This would be the best move right now.

OGSniper

Sharpshooter for Hire
ZD Legend
Then again Mafia may get info it wouldnt have gotten before. I dont know now. What does everybody else think?

Ignoring that storm claimed cop for a moment.

Say the cop had claimed to their neighbor in private and dies like N2. And their neighbor is mafia. That would be a suspect to look at.
That's a fair point, but there's also the possibility that two townies are neighbors and one has some malicious intent on the other with intent to spread misinformation. I know it's a far stretch, but, it's still a possibility.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom