• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Dragonforce

DragonForce is one of my favorite bands! I own all of their albums. My favorite song by them would definitely be Valley of the Damned. I just hope that their next album will be as good as the others now that ZP left the band.

Austin

Austin
They're not terrible, I suppose. My only issue with them is that all of their material either sounds the same or is in an extremely similar vein. Normally, that'd ruin a band for me, but since it's a particularly awesome song they repeatedly rewrite, I can let it slide. :P

They're not terrible, I suppose. My only issue with them is that all of their material either sounds the same or is in an extremely similar vein. Normally, that'd ruin a band for me, but since it's a particularly awesome song they repeatedly rewrite, I can let it slide. :P

Same problem here. I don't find big differences in much of their music, to the point where the songs all sound the same to me. They also are so technical and produced that their music bores me. I don't ever really feel any edge or roughness from what they do.

Hanyou

didn't build that
I'm reviving this thread because I've recently come to a realization about Dragonforce.

They are perhaps one of the most overrated, unimpressive Metal bands ever to garner the popularity they have. I'm confounded by their success for the aforementioned reasons--virtually everything they have written sounds exactly the same.

I liked Through the Fire and Flames; then I realized that most of their other material is simply a weaker variation on that theme.

When I want energy and optimism in my metal, I gravitate toward other bands. If you like Dragonforce, you'd probably be better off checking out Helloween, Nightwish, Sonata Arctica, Blind Guardian, Galneryus, Rhapsody of Fire, Symphony X, Stratovarius, and other quality Power Metal bands. There's some really inspiring material out there if you look for it. But after giving Dragonforce hundreds of chances to impress me, it hasn't made a dent. What do people like about these guys? I'd really like to know, because I'm missing it and considering I like Power Metal I believe I'm the target demographic.

LANZZ

Scarecrow
DragonForce is one of my favorite bands! My favorite songs is :
- Cannon Rock
- Through the fire and flame
- Trial of broken heart
- Starfire

Shroom

The Artist Formally Known as Deku Shroom™
I'm reviving this thread because I've recently come to a realization about Dragonforce.

They are perhaps one of the most overrated, unimpressive Metal bands ever to garner the popularity they have. I'm confounded by their success for the aforementioned reasons--virtually everything they have written sounds exactly the same.

I liked Through the Fire and Flames; then I realized that most of their other material is simply a weaker variation on that theme.

When I want energy and optimism in my metal, I gravitate toward other bands. If you like Dragonforce, you'd probably be better off checking out Helloween, Nightwish, Sonata Arctica, Blind Guardian, Galneryus, Rhapsody of Fire, Symphony X, Stratovarius, and other quality Power Metal bands. There's some really inspiring material out there if you look for it. But after giving Dragonforce hundreds of chances to impress me, it hasn't made a dent. What do people like about these guys? I'd really like to know, because I'm missing it and considering I like Power Metal I believe I'm the target demographic.
Yeah, I'd like to know this aswell. That and I checked out a few of their live performances and well... It was just bad...

The songs are re-writes, and alot of the lyrics are overused. I almost wonder if half of the people who listen to them found them before Through The Fire and The Flames was on GH3.

Not trying to insult anyone, but I'm just curious.

Dragonforce is okay... The thing about their songs sounding so alike can be a good thing or a bad thing. I mean, if you like one of their songs, then there's a pretty high chance you'll like the rest of them as well. But they can get old pretty quickly, I suppose. I think their songs are a little too long, though. I mean, yes, the guitar work is pretty epic, but they kind of went overboard when there is a two-minute solo for both the rhythm and lead guitarists.

And DekuShroom does have a point--they were probably not as well-known until Through the Fire and the Flames was put up as a song in Guitar Hero III. But again, that song is super long. I went to a sheet music store and found a fat book of guitar tabs for their album, Inhuman Rampage, and the entire Through the Fire and the Flames' song is 42 pages long. That's, like, super crazy.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Well, I've only heard two songs by them. Through the Fire and Flames (of course) and Operation Ground and Pound. Both great songs, but I wouldn't say I'm an avid fan of theirs. Don't get me wrong, they're obviously great, easily a Hall of Fame band. I just don't really listen to them a lot. Idk why.

I feel the same way. I find it very difficult to take their music seriously. No doubt they are incredibly musicians but it seems they feel the need to cram as many notes into a song as possible... complexity doesn't necessarily make a good song. And as a result all of the songs I have heard by DragonForce have exactly the same sound and feel to them.

People are free to listen to what they like, of course. I highly doubt there are people here who would appreciate every band that I listen to ;)

prince rallis

I'm a huge metal fan.
ive only heard 3 songs by them in this order 1 soldiers of the wasteland best dragonforce song 2 the warrior inside awsome 3 the fury of the storm even though ive only heard those dragonforce is one of my three favorite band the other 2 being rascall flatts and dio

dos anyone else like soldiers of the wasteland cuz it seems like im the only 1 who does

Last edited:

prince rallis

I'm a huge metal fan.
@ everybody who says every Dragonforce song sounds the same.
You probably havn't heard that many Dragonforce songs,and if thats not the case then........................

@ everybody who says every Dragonforce song sounds the same.
You probably havn't heard that many Dragonforce songs,and if thats not the case then........................

I listened to one of their albums, although I can't remember he name. I remember it had some sort of countdown on the cover.

Anyway, all the song were very, very similar. They do sound the same. I re-listened to Through the Fire and the Flames today, and I actually really like it. But all of their other songs sound much, much too similar. I would like some more veriety from them.

However, I'm not a very big Power Metal fan. The only Power Metal band I activly listen to is Angra, and I only have their newest album (I should probobly look for some other songs by them...they're great).

Batman

Not all those who wander are lost...
I play the guitar so naturally I became interested with DragonForce. I used to love them, and I still think they're okay. I guess what really dampened my enthusiasum is when I heard them play live. They don't sound nearly as good live; and I know that's normal, but these guys really kind of suck live. Oh well. Through the Fire and the Flames is one of the sickest guitar songs ever though. My favorite song of theirs is Revolution Deathsquad. The beat is pretty nasty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom