• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Donnie Darko

M

M.C MyZtery

well i love psychologically destructive movies. if it leaves you thinking , it was great in my opinion.
so i heard about "donnie darko" being in this genre and i couldnt help watching it. stayed up till about 4am even [though i had to get up at 5am for school ] watching the movie , i wasnt really mindforked , I understood quite easily all that happened but still it was a pretty good watch. but! after a small analysis i realized why donnie darko didnt amaze me as much as it should of.... the story , it resembled something greatly...all of it was familiar.

donnie darko might as well be known as "majora's mask , the movie"
thats my conclusion.

Michael Heide

The 8th Wise Man
Both pieces of fiction deal with time travel (even if they take a vastly different approach from another) and both have a secondary character that wears a mask (characters and masks couldn't be further apart, though), but what other parallels do you see? I'm curious, because Donnie Darko is one of my all-time favorite movies.

M

M.C MyZtery

The estimated time issue. its way too similar as well.

october 2nd 1988 ________ dawn of the first day
26 days remain _________ 72 hours remain

im sure there are other aspects as well but id have to refresh my memory.

Abbs

Let me just say you have excellent taste in movies - Donnie Darko is one of my favorite films.
Anyhow, I've played both Majora's Mask and seen Donnie Darko a couple times and aside from both dealing with time travel and the apocalypse, both of their approaches to what they have in common is very different. Both theories of time travel and scares of the end of the world are pretty popular in both games and movies, so the fact that both revolve around them isn't that astounding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom