• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Does Wii Motion Plus Scare You?

Will wii motion plus help or hurt SS

• Help

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hurt

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
What do you guys think of the way the wii motion plus will work. This could really make or break the game. I really hope that it does not take away from the other game elements. I just hope not too much of the game will revolve around it and make it see gimmicky. Some people complain that in the wii version of twilight princess the motion pretty much just became like a different way to hit buttons bit I liked how simple it was. I personally think that the sword stuff will be cool BUT i think that the bow and other things will be over complicated and could take way from the game. I am very hopefull and just wanted to know your take on it!

My prediction is hurt, I predict the majority of the puzzles will be like the spinning eye thing and be repetitive. Hope to god I'm wrong though.

Dukusword

Hylian Warrior
I put it will help the game, because we will be able to do lots of stuff now with WM+ like we have to think now when we are fighting an enemy and not hitting B all the time and the puzzles can lead to lots of stuff.

I liked motion controls in TP. I've noticed that most of the people who hate the motion controls on Zelda are older folks who played NES or N64 zelda. I mean, I'm 20 and grew up in the N64 age, but I was still able to get along with motion controls.

Jedizora

:right:
Well, It will previde a experiance I've been waiting for since the wii came out. I don't see how it could hurt it, and it looks amazing.

Beeker

Wild Card
I think it will help the game. It improves greatly on TP's Wii controls and looks to be an enriching experience. And with it we could possibly see new puzzles and new twists on older ones. And I also like the concept of each enemy seeming like a puzzle, and having to constantly think of different ways to attack them. With the bow, it could be a problem, but thankfully it is paired alongside the slingshot for a quicker shot.

Considering this game is built in mind with the WM+, there may be a few gimmicks in there, but overall it will add to the experience of the game.

Help definitely. The swordfighting now will be what we all imagined for TP, which let's be frank, just substituted pressing a button for waggling. I trust Nintendo not to go overboard, I mean come on, this is Zelda we're talking about.

WiiMotion plus is just the logical next step in this franchise, it ofcourse depends on how they will execute the controls. I'm optimistic that the WMP enhances the experience.

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
I think the WM+ will help like many have I just hope those stupid doors aren't frequent and if they are frequent then in just that 1 part of Skyloft/ Hyrule.

Nintendo don't go overboard.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
I think that the Wii Motion + will help Skyward Sword. A new uniqueness will be brought to the gameplay, which will be a turn in the right direction for me. I like the fact that many of the new puzzles will be centered around the Wii Motion +, as we've never seen anything of this sort in a Zelda game before, so why not give it a shot now? And I don't see what could go terribly wrong if they overuse the Wii Motion +. This, in turn, will also create a new depth of difficulty, which is always a good thing for more hardcore Zelda players.

Azure Sage

Join your hands...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I certainly think it will help. From what we've seen so far, it's not a simple gimmick, it's a whole new, fresh step for the Zelda series. And that is something I feel the series has needed since Twilight Princess. I have a strong feeling that the motion controls won't be dissapointing in the least.

Last edited:
In my opinion I think the WM+ is way better than pressing random buttons, the M+ is going to stimulate our minds from all the draining we've had with the repition of puzzles that were in previous games. There might be some old ones in there too but the M+ is going to add life to it. The eye doors are just the appetizers of the feast Nintendo is cooking for us. I think the the WM+ is going to add a whole new element of gameplay like the balance feature and the weakness only in certain directions. I don't think the bow&arrows and the slingshot is going to be a problem unless there isn't the targeting system in there

It doesn't "hurt" anything in the least, in my opinion. I think it helps in a multitude of ways, one of which includes the fact that it apparently fully makes use of the Wii's capabilities, where Twilight Princess did not. Also, I think for the first time, we really ARE Link (as they say), 'ya know?

Plus, SS is truly the first Zelda game made for the Wii and not a port, as such, it sort of better have motion controls that are truly innovative, effective, fun, and functional for the sake of the Zelda franchise and the Wii's credibility. Though, I doubt any of the (hypothetical) minute shortcomings I've mentioned would have a dramatically negative affect on anything, as in most cases, it never really does. :/

T

Triforcex38

I think that it would improve the gameplay. I mean in twilight princess the motion control was decent but not accurate. I could Kill anything just by waggling my Wii remote. There was no real challenge. However, in Skyward sword it looks as if we'd have to be careful and skillful. Now enemies can block our attacks by slashing and moving their sword from place to place. Also, we can slash their sword as they lunge forwards at us. It looks as if you really feel like your in and epic swordfight and this is why i think motion control is gonna be an epic improvement. :P

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom