• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Majora's Mask Does Majora or Termina Deserve a Return? - PLEASE READ OP

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I do like the idea of both returning, but as always they'd find a way to kill the potential mystery of MM. I mean, we had so many thoughts and theories regarding Ikana, the Garo, and all that other stuff...but Nintendo just LOVES to take some mystical way of ruining things. So...I guess I'd prefer both stay in the dark (except remake MM as MM3D).

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
Just so you all know this was a thread asking "Does Majora or Termina "DESERVE" a return? However in my post i Speculated on what it would be like if they turned MM in to a whole game instead of just a remake while keeping the original material there just..... Expanding! So far i think JC has made some good points why why it does sound like a fun idea, but as you know i tend to favor JC so thats kind of unfair.

However it seems pretty clear that nobody really wants Majora to return, except for a remake! As for returning to Termina, seems that is still up for debate. so lets just focus on that i guess! Just because Termina was set up the way it was in the original MM does not mean it has to be that way in a new version of Termina. Hyrule has changed forms.....Like.... Every time we play a new Zelda! So nothing is set in stone. Termina seems to be this Twisted Version of Hyrule and i would like to know more about it now that Link has saved the land, and see how the Realm would be like had its citizens not been waiting to DIE and all gloomy. I dont know i think it would be a good game for the "Adult Timeline" or something like that (i hate bringing up the timeline) for Link to return to Termina, as for all the shape changing and time travel would anyone even know Link saved them?

onebizarrekai

gay energy
I would sort of like Termina to come back, but I what would they do with Majora coming back? Try to crush the world again?

I feel like if they bring Majora back, it will make Majora's Mask not as great and unique of a game.

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
Actually when you put it like that, i think Majora could be Terminas "Gannon". Every time Majora has found a host or turned loose in some way, he or "it" can find some crazy way to make Termina suffer! Majora seems like a "Schemer" that could come up with all sorts of interesting ways to bring ill will down upon Termina.

This however COMPLETELY goes against the ones who want Majora to be left alone as the Black Sheep as it is, and I'm not saying "I'm not with you there", cuz i do agree with how much of a gem MM is in the series, as it is the only one of its kind, and in Termina, and..... the list goes on, the game was awesome! But turning Majora into a recurring enemy is really all you need to do to keep Termina itself alive. However it "dwindles" the Odd, one out, mysterious character that is Majora.

Here is a good "What if?" for you, cuz i like finding a way to make both sides happy with these things, and with MM in itself being a small game, and by that i mean as far as the "Meat" of the main storyline. "What If" with a "remake" the end of the original game is just the beginning of it, Kinda like the first three quest of and Zelda game, they are introductions. What if they added more too it, after that, (however it would be hard to do without throwing everything before the last events you took place) or find some way that Majora gets away, i dont know the ending would have to change for continuation, i guess im not holding much ground here, i just think that they could use that game, Remake it by all means, but i feel that to justify remaking it, they have to add more to the whole majora story and whatnot. you gotta admit the game was rushed and im sure if they had more time they would do more with it!

With MM being such a Cult Hit type of deal, i dont think it should be remade at all if they are not gonna make more of it. if people are gonna go against that, then by that standard, it should be played the way it was as well. on a 64, with the 64 graphics. Make more of it, or dont make it at all. Wow i sound like a dick, but i cant help but feel that way. I like remakes a lot of times, seeing an old favorite with better graphics, which is probably where you guys are coming from, and i understand ill get a comment saying "its hard to find a 64 anymore" even though its not, Emulators are great. Heck sometimes emulators will let you turn the resolution up, turning kinda bad 64 graphics, into Not so bad graphics. "but emulators are not right, your not paying for them"..... emulators are fine, I spent enough money on nintendo through systems, first party games, and Accessories.... all those Accessories. and most the games i play on emulators I DID pay for already.

Anyways sorry for that, proceed with your normal discussion. I did not mean for my outburst it seem that ADHD has got the best of me again.

I like termina. but maby it could be a spin off were we do alot of mini games ( multiplayer? ) and fun side Quests, just a fun game not meant to be taken too seriously. OR why not a prequel were we get to see the tribe that Created majora's mask and we can see how they disappeared.

Last edited:

The Jade Fist

Kung Fu Master
Termina deserves a return in my opinion, Majora's Mask is my second favorite Zelda game and it's not lie that one of the reasons was the sheer uniqueness that the game had compared to its counterparts. The land of Termina was much the reason for this, not so much the overworld but the idea that it was a "new" world was just a really interesting concept that is rarely seen in the series.

We usually see the familiar world of Hyrule with a lot of reoccurring locations however Termina put a twist on this with creating an alternate world that had similar characters, locations, itmes etc. however it put a twist that made everything feel fresh as well as keeping that familiar aspect. The idea that Termina brings is just so intriguing and it has unlimited possibilities. Termina has its own way of life, its own law and it's own mythology making things very interesting to a person who is interested in the lore of the series like myself.

I really love this idea of freedom to explore and even though Zelda has this freedom but sometimes it's bound to some constrictions, however Termina can explore so many new ideas that it would be similar to leave it alone or to use the idea of more "Alternate Worlds". Focusing on Termina alone though I think it would be interesting to delve deeper into the lore, I mean everything within its mythology is barley touched upon...

- Just what exactly are the Four Giants
- The battle of Majora and the Fierce Diety
- A possible link between Link and the Fierce Diety
- The heritage of Ikana Kingdom
- The Goddess of Time
- The mystery of Stone Tower and so on...

There are some many things to explore and I could think of some interesting themes and ideas for possible plot points if it were to return. However, i don't think it will return but more Alternate Worlds that bring in new themes and mythology are welcome in my opinion.
Not sure about a sequel, but a revisit to the same world doesn't make it MM2.

I would how ever love to see it remade in HD, but with additional locations added, maybe give us some of the things you were talking about. Maybe they could pull some M.Night SHamalalmanaamanakun stuff and make there be something to do on the 4th Day.

Actually when you put it like that, i think Majora could be Terminas "Gannon". Every time Majora has found a host or turned loose in some way, he or "it" can find some crazy way to make Termina suffer! Majora seems like a "Schemer" that could come up with all sorts of interesting ways to bring ill will down upon Termina.

This however COMPLETELY goes against the ones who want Majora to be left alone as the Black Sheep as it is, and I'm not saying "I'm not with you there", cuz i do agree with how much of a gem MM is in the series, as it is the only one of its kind, and in Termina, and..... the list goes on, the game was awesome! But turning Majora into a recurring enemy is really all you need to do to keep Termina itself alive. However it "dwindles" the Odd, one out, mysterious character that is Majora.

Here is a good "What if?" for you, cuz i like finding a way to make both sides happy with these things, and with MM in itself being a small game, and by that i mean as far as the "Meat" of the main storyline. "What If" with a "remake" the end of the original game is just the beginning of it, Kinda like the first three quest of and Zelda game, they are introductions. What if they added more too it, after that, (however it would be hard to do without throwing everything before the last events you took place) or find some way that Majora gets away, i dont know the ending would have to change for continuation, i guess im not holding much ground here, i just think that they could use that game, Remake it by all means, but i feel that to justify remaking it, they have to add more to the whole majora story and whatnot. you gotta admit the game was rushed and im sure if they had more time they would do more with it!

With MM being such a Cult Hit type of deal, i dont think it should be remade at all if they are not gonna make more of it. if people are gonna go against that, then by that standard, it should be played the way it was as well. on a 64, with the 64 graphics. Make more of it, or dont make it at all. Wow i sound like a dick, but i cant help but feel that way. I like remakes a lot of times, seeing an old favorite with better graphics, which is probably where you guys are coming from, and i understand ill get a comment saying "its hard to find a 64 anymore" even though its not, Emulators are great. Heck sometimes emulators will let you turn the resolution up, turning kinda bad 64 graphics, into Not so bad graphics. "but emulators are not right, your not paying for them"..... emulators are fine, I spent enough money on nintendo through systems, first party games, and Accessories.... all those Accessories. and most the games i play on emulators I DID pay for already.

Anyways sorry for that, proceed with your normal discussion. I did not mean for my outburst it seem that ADHD has got the best of me again.

Ya or like after you get thru and beat the original section of the game, you gain the ability to freely move to any point in time. That way additional days and content, wouldn't have to suffer from the 3 days restriction, and you could still enjoy/ abide by the time table, but at the same time bypass it freely.

Like totally let Link 'Prince of Persia' side quests, such as if you went back 3 hours, the world forgot any dialogue take took place for instance, not that you could undo dying.

Post 3 days, would perhaps open the game up to a full week, and something else crazy needs to happen, like the Happy Mask salesman puts on Majora's Mask, and you got 4 days to save the world.

edit:

There would have to be extra room for masks and hearts, up to say 4 to 10 extra heart containers. Post 3 days content could have Iron knuckles and other possibly new enemies that hit like a truck (4 hearts ish) to compensate. That way new content would still feel like progression instead of a single long extra quest.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom