• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hyrule Warriors Do you think we will get more backstory for Link?

MapelSerup

not actually Canadian
I mean, that’s an obvious question. Of course we will. I’m not just talking about leading up to the Great Calamity, though; what about his childhood, or other relationships he had? There’s concept art of Link’s family in the Japanese art book. Perhaps we’ll get a look at them? While the original HW had little in the way of this kind of story, I’m willing to bet this one will have plenty. Feel free to throw any ideas out there!

Azure Sage

Join your hands...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I am 100% certain we're gonna see his dad in this game. His father was a knight captain and he taught Link how to use a sword. There's no way that's not gonna come up here, especially since I'm pretty sure his dad died in the Calamity (I think it said this in Creating a Champion but it's been a while since I've read it so I don't remember for sure). We're probably going to see how he claimed the Master Sword, as well, and how he met the other Champions and stuff. I'm looking forward to the idea of that.

MapelSerup

not actually Canadian
I am 100% certain we're gonna see his dad in this game. His father was a knight captain and he taught Link how to use a sword. There's no way that's not gonna come up here, especially since I'm pretty sure his dad died in the Calamity (I think it said this in Creating a Champion but it's been a while since I've read it so I don't remember for sure). We're probably going to see how he claimed the Master Sword, as well, and how he met the other Champions and stuff. I'm looking forward to the idea of that.
Zelda mentions his father in her diary, but there’s nothing about him in Creating a Champion except for this one picture.

We don't know how much of before the Calamity we're gonna see. Calamity Ganon returned while the champions were on Mt Lanayru waiting on Zelda to fail at awakening her powers again. We don't know how much time it was between that memory and the one where everyone died(tm), unless I just don't remember because it's been so long. It'd be good to see some more exposition before that and some preparations for the Calamity, including interactions with that shady fortune teller that "foresaw" the return who was probably associated with the Yiga clan.

Anything to get more explanation than what was in Zelda's diary because it's borderline fanfiction. The fact a Hyrule Warriors game is gonna see the light of day and not be fanfiction is pretty wild.

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
I hope so. I'd be happy to get any development or more backstory for him at this point. BotW did somewhat better than most Zelda games in giving him just a bit more backstory and somewhat of a personality, but I really want to see as much as possible within the limits of this being a Warriors game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom