• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Like Fighting Games?

Do you like fighting games?

• Love 'em! I am a fighting game GOD.

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • I don't like them at all.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I play occasionally.

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • I only like them in specific circumstances.

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • I only play Smash.

Votes: 6 42.9%

• Total voters

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I'm really not a fan of them. I used to play a bunch of Naruto and DBZ fighting games when I was a kid, but nowadays my only interest in them lies in Smash, and even then it's more of a party game than a fighting game to me. It's not fun without the chaos of explosive items and 4-8 fighters and stage hazards. Sole 1-1 fights over and over are extremely boring to me.

Having said that, I do wanna try GBF Versus Rising because I'm a big fan of GBF and it's got a story mode and side modes. But I still can't see myself going online to fight randoms very often. I've never played an ArcSys fighting game either and I hear they've got a specific flavor to 'em, so I'm not really sure what to expect.

How about you guys? Are you the type who can play them over and over or do you only like them under specific circumstances, if at all?

twilitfalchion

and thus comes the end of an era
Staff member
Smash is about the extent of my fighting game experience, and it's a good time. 3-4 stock, no items, etc. can't go wrong.

I've had a passing interest in others like Guilty Gear or Street Fighter but I've never actually played them.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
they're alright, the only ones I put any notable amount of time into are Marvel vs Capcom, Tekken, and Soul Calibur, and just a couple games for each of them

I have a friend who's just gaga over fighting games, so most of the time I only play them b/c he wants to

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
I like fighting games, but I don't really play them often nor am I technically good at them. There aren’t many I've bothered learning and trying to get good at, but my favorites have to be Street Fighter II, Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3, Injustice 2, Power Rangers: Battle for the Grid, and Smash Bros.

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
I only really play smash nowadays when i am with friends at a gaming bar. I've dabbled in street fighter in the past but wouldn't consider myself a hug fighting games fan.

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
I like fighting games, but only if I'm playing with other people. I'm the type of gamer who's really in it for the story. I get bored with fighting games. It's just the same thing over and over. Fighting with other people though I enjoy as it makes the game more entertaining.

I enjoy playing fighting games to see their roster and make my way through their story mode if there is one.

I'm not the type of player to grind a single fighting game for hours and perfect my playstyle with one to several fighters. I think that's tedious and boring.

Smash is definitely my favorite fighting franchise. I enjoy Street Fighter a lot as well.

Yes I like them. I suck at them. No matter how I practice I can only remember some of the inputs for special moves, or I can't trigger finishers even if I did, or I only manage it with wild button mashing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom