• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do You Consider Zelda II an RPG?

Do you think Zelda II is a RPG?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

• Maybe

• Total voters
During the years, I have come across a lot of people who think that the Zelda series is a RPG series. I disagree with these people because we all know that Zelda is an adventure game. The games might have RPG elements, but I wouldn't consider the games RPGs, but with Zelda II, it's a bit different. In Zelda II, you gain experience points which give you more health, magic and power like in a RPG. The thing is, there are a lot of games that do this that aren't RPGs such as Dead Rising, Castlevania Sympathy of the Night, ect. Do you guys think Zelda II is an RPG?

Last edited:

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
During the years, I have come across a lot of people who think that the Zelda series is a RPG series. I disagree with these people because we all know that Zelda is an adventure game.
Miyamoto said that Zelda is an RPG series. They might be adventure games but they are still RPG's.

AnimeHat

Humming Swordsman
An interesting thought. I see why you would think that. My answer was "maybe," because the way the game is set up is very similar to an RPG, but what I think they were going for was an adventure game.

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
i always see rpgs as games as where you encounter an enemy,you go into some battle screen or whatever,and you take turns beating the **** out of each other

someone tell me im wrong [only rpgs ive played the is MOTHER series,and thats kinda what its like]

AnimeHat

Humming Swordsman
i always see rpgs as games as where you encounter an enemy,you go into some battle screen or whatever,and you take turns beating the **** out of each other

someone tell me im wrong [only rpgs ive played the is MOTHER series,and thats kinda what its like]
You're right. And that's pretty much what Zelda II is like.

Maybe, depends what way you slice it, Exp has been in many games such as Devil May Cry and they havent been labelled as RPG games, Final Fantasy is still labeled as RPG and its nothing like it used to be. The definition of RPG is almost liquid and is really only applied to titles that coined the term or were outstanding versions of it back in the past. So AoL is hard to define. I'd say not though since i'm too used to the idea that rpg means turn based combat mechanics. s for it being an action rpg.. i guess any game with a narrative could be labeled as such..

L

Link49

Yea I would think so, cause of the Experience points. I think they tried for a more realistic Zelda game with II, I for sure did not like Zelda II. But some people still thought it was a great game :S

mαrkαsscoρ

Mr. SidleInYourDMs
ZD Champion
You're right. And that's pretty much what Zelda II is like.

not really,in zelda 2 you actually attack the enemy straight on when you enter a battle

Yea I would think so, cause of the Experience points. I think they tried for a more realistic Zelda game with II, I for sure did not like Zelda II. But some people still thought it was a great game :S

cause it was,but i wouldn't expect the ignorant zelda community to think the same

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom