• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Do the timeline reconbine sometime around the first calamity

i Came to this idea becomes it referred to all 3 of the timelines

Last edited:

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
Idk. Personally I don't care for the timeline much. I don't believe a linear timeline is possible because both WW and TP exist, but I don't really care about it all that much.
I feel like BotW should be the start of a totally new, separate timeline. Or at least wayy off in the future (which I think it technically is.) AoC should be added to the timeline imo, and it's another game that causes a branch off like OoT does.

Idk. Personally I don't care for the timeline much. I don't believe a linear timeline is possible because both WW and TP exist, but I don't really care about it all that much.
I feel like BotW should be the start of a totally new, separate timeline. Or at least wayy off in the future (which I think it technically is.) AoC should be added to the timeline imo, and it's another game that causes a branch off like OoT does.
It would make a lot of cents

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
ZD Champion
breath of the wild is downfall timeline most likely, but it existing in the adult timeline is complete impossibility and therefore a reunification is a complete impossibility as well
I hate botw for giving a big middle finger to the official timeline right after they give us an official timeline honestly, but maybe we're just meant to overlook inconsistencies

age of calamity isn't canon

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
All the references to past games in Breath of the Wild only work on the Downfall Timeline. There are events mentioned that can only work on one or two timelines, but not all three, and the exception is the Downfall Timeline because all the references can work. For example, the Sages from Ocarina of Time were never awakened on the Hero is Sent Back Timeline. They are awakened on the Hero is Successful and Downfall timelines, but at the end of Wind Waker the King uses the Triforce to destroy Ancient Hyrule for good. Unless we are willing to assume that Triforce wishes wear off over time, Breath of the Wild cannot fit on the Hero is Successful Timeline. This leaves the Downfall Timeline as the most applicable spot to put Breath of the Wild at the end of.

D

Deleted member 91332

It sounds impossible to be honest, unless there is divine intervention someway.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
It sounds impossible to be honest, unless there is divine intervention someway.
The only way a convergence could work is if this was an established force of nature, and in Zelda nothing indicates such a law exists in the fabric of space-time. Literally the only way it could happen is some divine tampering, presumably with the Triforce; but the probablity of someone coming to a realization that there are diverging timelines, and being so convicted it's the case, that they'd use a Triforce wish for all the timelines to re-merge, is extremely low.

Literally the only way it could happen is some divine tampering, presumably with the Triforce; but the probability of someone coming to a realization that there are diverging timelines, and being so convicted it's the case, that they'd use a Triforce wish for all the timelines to re-merge, is extremely low.
As is given in the game, Zelda's Lullaby appears to be able to be the thing that can create new divergences of time itself, as is shown in OoT (and technically AoC). So if a member of the royal family played this melody again, it could presumably combine the timeline that was split at the beginning.

But the downfall timeline exists in a different reality based on a different probability calculation: did Link die in the final fight of OoT? This is harder to canonically combine, as this would lead to a connected Zelda Multiverse, which could be technically done with a Triforce wish but I don't know if we wanna go there. So...I'm gonna go with mark's answer and say no.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
As is given in the game, Zelda's Lullaby appears to be able to be the thing that can create new divergences of time itself, as is shown in OoT (and technically AoC). So if a member of the royal family played this melody again, it could presumably combine the timeline that was split at the beginning.
I don't really follow, wasn't it the Song of Time that Zelda played to send Link back in Ocarina of Time? It has the power to send someone or something into the past, but it's a bit of a leap to assume playing the song again combines timelines.

I don't really follow, wasn't it the Song of Time that Zelda played to send Link back in Ocarina of Time? It has the power to send someone or something into the past, but it's a bit of a leap to assume playing the song again combines timelines.
My main point is that Zelda's Lullaby (or the Song of Time, I can't remember) created the initial split in OoT (and in AoC) and so I wouldn't think it too big of a stretch to say that if anything were to combine the timelines, it would have to do with that melody.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
My main point is that Zelda's Lullaby (or the Song of Time, I can't remember) created the initial split in OoT (and in AoC) and so I wouldn't think it too big of a stretch to say that if anything were to combine the timelines, it would have to do with that melody.
I really doubt it would work that way, and there is nothing to suggest it's possible. But let's say it is, like you said, it would only merge the Child and Adult splits, and not the Downfall Timeline because it isn't a split due to Zelda playing the Song of Time.

Last edited:
But we don’t know ever thing that happens In the 10000 years before the event of botw

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom