• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Crystal Chronicles

favorite ffcc race

• clavat

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • selkie

• yuke

• lilty

• Total voters

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
Who else has played this awesome Final Fantasy spin off series? What do you think of it?

I have the original, and Crystal Bearers. I think Crystal Bearers is an okay sequel. Could be better...but man oh man, does it have some hilarious cutscenes. :lol:

The original deserves to be a gaming classic imo. I don't like the fact that you can't save in dungeons...and some of the dungeons are too long to complete in one setting. I turn the TV and my GBA radar off and come back later. I use the scouter radar, it's the only one that shows you the health and items of the enemies. Most useful one for me. I prefer single player over multiplayer. Somebody always having to carry the crystal chalice...is a burden, I wish the moogle carrying it was in multiplayer too.

Selkies are my favorite. I always play as them, with the obvious exception of Crystal Bearers which doesnt have character creation. It's not too often you see a culture that can be both ninjas and pirates xD They're THAT awesome. Love how their town in Crystal Bearers is a freakin PIRATE SHIP. In the original, I equip a dual shooter and enjoy sniping enemies with my focus attack.

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
Crystal Chronicles!? Probably my most favorite game. I was thinking about it on my walk. I felt very much like a Clavat in my baggy track jacket and knee length shorts!

The original was amazing- definitely something everyone should try at least once. I love multiplayer, and having to carry the chalice wasn't that annoying- the most annoying thing about multiplayer was how the GBA dpad made my thumb stiff really quickly. Single player was great, too. The story was surprisingly deep, and the characters and dungeons memorable. The soundtrack is one of my most favorites- the festival theme always makes me want to dance. Also, that game probably has the most amazing graphics I've ever seen. They're slightly cartoony, so they don't every look old, either.

I can't forget about those cow races, either! They were extremely entertaining in a goofy, stupid way.

I didn't play very much of the (first) sequel- I was quite turned off by the lack of character choice. I've never even touched Crystal Bearers.

My favorite race is the Clavat. Best all around stats, and they have two items that change skins (the shield and sword), while the other races only get different weapon skins. When I first played, I played a Selkie- which I'm happy I did, so I could read the signs in Conall Curach and play the jumping minigame in Leuda (I played that jumping game for HOURS).

The stories told in the first game were heart wrenching. Truly, this game deserves a place among the greats.

[video=youtube;4tu_oe2j7KM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tu_oe2j7KM[/video]

Dragoncat

Yes I love the original's soundtrack...I'm currently using a capture card to get all the dungeon songs. Any reason why you put Conall Curach's song in your post?

I've been told multiplayer is funner the more people you have. I played once with one friend...it didnt appeal to me as much as going solo.

And...Cow races?

Moonstone

embrace the brand new day
Oh yeah. Every other year, there's a family in the center of the farming town does cow races. On the years they don't do the races, you have the option to buy a cow to send to your family.
And Conall Curach was arguably my favorite "dungeon". The music is a beautiful mix of sprite-like innocence and absolute sadness, which suits the tragic story of the Selkies well. Also, the place were De Nam... *clutches his worn headband closely to her heart*

I wish I could remember what all the signs said... but Selkies, building the bridges, so filled with hope, pressing on against all the opposing forces, miasma and monster alike... only to discover that there is no home for them... very few times am I moved so deeply in a video game, but this one did it multiple times.

This game was amazing, honestly I didn't have any interest in it at first considering I'm a big Final Fantasy fan, but once I purchased it back in the day I fell in love with it. The multiplayer was amazing as well too, so sad that the Wii sequel was scrapped for the Crystal Bearers, so much potential. Now that Nintendo has a better platform for online multiplayer then now it's possible we can have a really good Crystal Chronicles sequel.

Dragoncat

And Conall Curach was arguably my favorite "dungeon". The music is a beautiful mix of sprite-like innocence and absolute sadness, which suits the tragic story of the Selkies well. Also, the place were De Nam... *clutches his worn headband closely to her heart*

I wish I could remember what all the signs said... but Selkies, building the bridges, so filled with hope, pressing on against all the opposing forces, miasma and monster alike... only to discover that there is no home for them... very few times am I moved so deeply in a video game, but this one did it multiple times.
Yeah, that was a sad story...I have a feeling it wasn't the whole race that went through Conall Curach though. Maybe some of them(the smart ones lol)stayed behind. Because one of the rocks says: "I am the only one left". If all but one of them didnt make it, they would be extinct by the time of the game. Imagine if they all went...there'd be a tiny number of survivors, and they'd have to have a LOT of kids to keep the race alive. Ack.

I liked the game back when I played it, and really thought it would have made a great ongoing series if it wasn't quite so simple in its mechanics.

This is the game that really got me liking the RPG co-op genre and the co-op genre in general.

Selkies are the best. Too bad they're always putting Clavats as more important than the rest (center of the box art, main character in Crystal Bearers.) I also dislike the way they made the hair red in Crystal Bearers. Blue hair was way awesomer.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I have played bits and pieces of the Crystal Chronicles spin-off series, but I do not remember much of it. I was thinking of purchasing one of the DS titles (Ring of Fate I think it's called), but currently don't have all that much money.

The most I remember is casting Fire on some enemies in a woods. Are the portable games any good? D:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom